Windows 10: Microphone does not work although settings?

Discus and support Microphone does not work although settings? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, community, Since today I have a problem, because you can hear every micro on my pc only noise, nothing else and I have tried almost all settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DUDE38292O, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Microphone does not work although settings?

Hey, community,

Since today I have a problem, because you can hear every micro on my pc only noise, nothing else and I have tried almost all settings

PLEASE HELP

LG MAX AKA DUDE

:)

DUDE38292O, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 13, 2020
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Microphone does not work although settings?

USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone does not work although settings?

1. Microphone does not work although settings? - Similar Threads - Microphone does although

2. The microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone does not work: Hi, When I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 laptop, the microphone does not work, however when it is disconnected the microphone does work. The mic works on all my other devices. When headphones are plugged in and unplugged, the computer still recognizes both the...
  3. The microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone does not work: Hi, When I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 laptop, the microphone does not work, however when it is disconnected the microphone does work. The mic works on all my other devices. When headphones are plugged in and unplugged, the computer still recognizes both the...
  4. Microphone does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone does not work: Having problems with my Asus U56E microphone when using Zoom or other telemed services. I have checked all applicable options and have a microphone ICON showing. Nothing shows up on microphone test help section window/...
  5. Microphone does not work

Microphone does not work: At some point in the last months, Windows 10 stopped recognizing microphones altogether. Oddly enough, the audio output seems to be working fine. I have tried all the usual solutions testing mics in other computers, changing mics, updating drivers, checking if the device is...
  6. Microphone does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone does not work: I tested my microphone in my computer, I see green bars when I check the driver and the blue bar moves up and down when I test it in sounds. So it works, yet when I use voice recorder, camera video or any online program my voice is not recognized or I hear nothing in the...
  7. Microphone does not work.

Microphone does not work.: Laptop-Lenovo-ideapad 330 Windows 10 home Microphone type- built in Microphone name-Realtek R Audio After a lot of troubleshooting and confirming with windows advisors, still the microphone is not working. Cortana can't hear me. This audio input device is set up to...
  8. Microphone does not work although properly installed and set up

Microphone does not work although properly installed and set up: I'm trying to use the microphone of my Logitech Quickcan 3000 webcam for Skype video calls. The drivers have been properly installed, I've confirmed this through the device manager and the sound control panel: on the Recording tab, the QuickCam 3000 has a green checkmark...
  9. Microphone Does Not Work

Microphone Does Not Work: My microphone does not work when I use the Zoom app. I can hear them but they cannot here me [Original Title: Microphone] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-does-not-work/e64740c7-5ed5-4c7b-ac79-9fd4818344b0
  10. Microphone does not work

Microphone does not work: My microphone does not seem to be working. When I check the sound settings, the bar next to the microphone also does not move as if it doesn`t hear me.. tried on some apps like Discord if it would work there, but that`s not the case, although it says my voice is connected....