Windows 10: Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre

Discus and support Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Spectre that I purchased in August 2019 for school and work. I cannot get my microphone to work for zoom meetings or google meets. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexaHookfin, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre

I have a Spectre that I purchased in August 2019 for school and work. I cannot get my microphone to work for zoom meetings or google meets. I have changed settings and followed the privacy instructions and nothing has worked. My coworkers can see me but not hear me. My webcam and microphone are built-in. I really need access to the microphone for my work meetings due to the stay at home orders. Please advise.

:)

AlexaHookfin, Apr 13, 2020

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Apr 13, 2020
  3. HP Spectre x360 internal microphone does not work with Cortana

Hi Nelson,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Was it able to work after replacing the keyboard and motherboard?
    • Have you tried accessing applications that require microphone? Are you getting the same issue?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre

HP Spectre x360 internal microphone does not work with Cortana

Internal Microphone does not detect my voice with Cortana but works fine when I record a video with the camera.
    The driver is up-to-date and there is no need to set up microphone.
    I have a HP Spectre x360 that I purchased in January 2016 and in November 2016 it had to be shipped to HP in California because the keyboard would not activate in desktop mode.
    It took over a month to repair and I was informed that the keyboard and motherboard were replaced.
    Now I have this problem. I have owned many PCs (Dell, Sony, Toshiba, iPad, etc.) since 1995 and have never had the need to repair them.
    I would greatly appreciate it if I can get a response with a resolution and not more instructions on how to troubleshoot.

NelsonMorales_Zip 00687, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre

1. Microphone does not work on my new HP Spectre - Similar Threads - Microphone does Spectre

2. HP Spectre, Windows 11; Find My device and Location does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Spectre, Windows 11; Find My device and Location does not work: Doing a security check on my laptop after I recently updated to Windows 11, I checked the find my Microsoft Account devices to find that this laptop was marked up still with Windows 10, v2009 and that "Location is Disabled", so Find my Device does not work.Location is NOT...
  3. HP Spectre, Windows 11; Find My device and Location does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Spectre, Windows 11; Find My device and Location does not work: Doing a security check on my laptop after I recently updated to Windows 11, I checked the find my Microsoft Account devices to find that this laptop was marked up still with Windows 10, v2009 and that "Location is Disabled", so Find my Device does not work.Location is NOT...
  4. No sound no microphon HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound no microphon HP spectre x360: Hello, I've reinstalled Windows 10 home but already no sound. I'm going to update it to WIn 10 october. I've downloaded Bios from HP website, also sound driver, but no result... IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz High Definition Audio Device Driver audio:...
  5. HP Spectre pin won't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Spectre pin won't work: Hi its Jenny here. I have an hp spectre. I was using my computer fine and then when I came back the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work so I unplugged all the monitors and restarted my computer. Once it restarted the facial recognition wouldn't work it just keeps prompting me to...
  6. Microphone on a HP Spectre 360

Microphone on a HP Spectre 360: My computer microphone quit working suddenly. I have a HP Spectre 360 that I bought in August. I am being told that it's a Microsoft driver issue. Anyone know how to fix it? I've been on many chats with Microsoft and nothing has helped...
  7. No Audio on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio on HP Spectre: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l51.png?width=1551&format=png&auto=webp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af When turning on I noticed a red cross against the volume icon in the taskbar. When running the troubleshooter, I get two errors (as pictured)....
  8. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working: The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in settings it says that "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." The laptop is less...
  9. New HP Spectre x360 13 debuts

in Windows 10 News
    New HP Spectre x360 13 debuts: [ATTACH] For those who want one device for both their professional and personal pursuits, the new HP Spectre x360 13 emphasizes mobility and security to work anywhere, anytime. The new Spectre has two times the performance of the previous generation [1], and is HP’s first...
  10. Bluetooth no longer working on HP Spectre laptop

Bluetooth no longer working on HP Spectre laptop: Sometime in the last couple of weeks Bluetooth stopped working on my laptop. There is no longer a switch to turn it on. Here's what I've tried: - Running the Bluetooth Troubleshooter (it claims the laptop is not Bluetooth compatible) - Checking "Hidden Devices" in Device...