Windows 10: Microphone does not work with TS and Discord, but it does with Skype?

Discus and support Microphone does not work with TS and Discord, but it does with Skype? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Well I have a new laptop and as mentioned above my microphone does not work with Ts and Discord. I hope somebody has an idea how I can fix this (I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 201958, Aug 2, 2020.

1. 201958 Win User

Microphone does not work with TS and Discord, but it does with Skype?

Well I have a new laptop and as mentioned above my microphone does not work with Ts and Discord. I hope somebody has an idea how I can fix this (I have turned on the function that it should work with desktop apps).

:)

201958, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Paulo GM Win User
    Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

See if you've missed some steps in setting up microphone for Discord with this article

https://windowsreport.com/discord-mic-not-worki...

Also, you may go to Settings > System > Sound > under Input, select the Microphone then Troubleshoot

Paulo GM, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Tipa1 Win User

Microphone does not work

My microphone does not seem to be working. When I check the sound settings, the bar next to the microphone also does not move as if it doesn`t hear me..

tried on some apps like Discord if it would work there, but that`s not the case, although it says my voice is connected.

My mic is set to default and isn`t muted so that can`t be the problem.

Whenever I call someone I can hear them but they don`t hear me.

I`d need some help on the issue please..

Tipa1, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone does not work with TS and Discord, but it does with Skype? - Similar Threads - Microphone does Discord

2. The microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone does not work: Hi, When I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 laptop, the microphone does not work, however when it is disconnected the microphone does work. The mic works on all my other devices. When headphones are plugged in and unplugged, the computer still recognizes both the...
  3. The microphone does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone does not work: Hi, When I connect my headphones to my Windows 10 laptop, the microphone does not work, however when it is disconnected the microphone does work. The mic works on all my other devices. When headphones are plugged in and unplugged, the computer still recognizes both the...
  4. Microphone does not work

Microphone does not work: At some point in the last months, Windows 10 stopped recognizing microphones altogether. Oddly enough, the audio output seems to be working fine. I have tried all the usual solutions testing mics in other computers, changing mics, updating drivers, checking if the device is...
  5. Microphone does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone does not work: I tested my microphone in my computer, I see green bars when I check the driver and the blue bar moves up and down when I test it in sounds. So it works, yet when I use voice recorder, camera video or any online program my voice is not recognized or I hear nothing in the...
  6. Windows 10 microphone is working for skype and is detected for windows. It does not work...

Windows 10 microphone is working for skype and is detected for windows. It does not work...: Hello, The internal microphone to my laptop stooped working unexpectedly. I followed every possible advice on every forum and every site. I uninstalled/ updated from device manager the audio drivers. I checked all the sound settings on windows. I checked the permission...
  7. Microphone does not work.

Microphone does not work.: Laptop-Lenovo-ideapad 330 Windows 10 home Microphone type- built in Microphone name-Realtek R Audio After a lot of troubleshooting and confirming with windows advisors, still the microphone is not working. Cortana can't hear me. This audio input device is set up to...
  8. Microphone Does Not Work

Microphone Does Not Work: My microphone does not work when I use the Zoom app. I can hear them but they cannot here me [Original Title: Microphone] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-does-not-work/e64740c7-5ed5-4c7b-ac79-9fd4818344b0
  9. Microphone does not work

Microphone does not work: My microphone does not seem to be working. When I check the sound settings, the bar next to the microphone also does not move as if it doesn`t hear me.. tried on some apps like Discord if it would work there, but that`s not the case, although it says my voice is connected....
  10. BSOD when not listening to mic on high volume or in skype/discord/ts..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when not listening to mic on high volume or in skype/discord/ts..: Hello I have a recurring problem with bsods some say kernel security check failure and others say driver irq not less or equal type of stuff ,but I never get them when I have set to listen to my microphone with full volume so I constantly have to listen to my static...