Windows 10: Microphone doesnt work after update

Discus and support Microphone doesnt work after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Logitech C170 webcam/mic stopped working. I added another mic but that doesn't work either. After the Win 10 update this happened.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CHIROGIRO, Apr 18, 2020.

1. CHIROGIRO Win User

Microphone doesnt work after update

Logitech C170 webcam/mic stopped working. I added another mic but that doesn't work either. After the Win 10 update this happened.

:)

CHIROGIRO, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Microphone doesnt work after update

microphone on the headset doesnt work

Original title: Laptop Microphone totally ignores headset microphone

I have a laptop with an integrated microphone, whilst having a headset with a microphone included.

The microphone on the headset doesnt work, only uses the laptop microphone which is really hard for me to chat with my buddies.

I can hear fine on the headset, the microphone doesnt do anything.

Can someone give me the resolution for this problem?

(My headset is a HyperX - I dont know what type but its a HyperX.)

jaredhale2004, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Microphone doesnt work after update

1. Microphone doesnt work after update - Similar Threads - Microphone doesnt update

2. Microphone privacy settings turn off instantly after opening it. Microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone privacy settings turn off instantly after opening it. Microphone doesnt work: Today my microphone's stopped working I talking about headphones and a deafault one I tried many diffrent ways what are showed on youtube but non of them worked They said to go into PRIVACY settings, when i get there i click on ,,microphone", it opens and closes instantly....
  3. Microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone doesnt work: My mic doesnt work if im not playing csgo, *kinda weird but its true. For example im using discord with playing csgo, my mic will work, and if i close it, my mic start not working....
  4. microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone doesnt work: Hello all im after some help as my son is trying to play call of duty on his pc. We have a wired xbox one controller which is working fine, we have plugged his headset into the controller and can only get sound to the headset. His microphone is not working ive tried my...
  5. Microphone doesnt work after manycams installation

Microphone doesnt work after manycams installation: Hello everybody, excuse me for my bad english. I have a HP notebook with an build in micophone, I installed the programm manycams on my HP Notebook on thursday to have a littlebit fun during an online meeting. Then I uninstalled it again. On Sunday I had a meeting again and...
  6. Microphone doesnt work on windows 10.

Microphone doesnt work on windows 10.: my webcam has a microphone, it doesnt get detected in windows 10camera works fine. I have tried it on my laptop and it workswindows 7 laptop. I have tried everything I could to fix it but it doesnt work....
  7. My microphone doesnt work

My microphone doesnt work: Hi everyone, anyone have the same problem as me? I have the front panel wich recognize the input but the mic doesnt work, i tried everything.. The drivers and change my mic. Also the three input on the back doesnt work, not even audio.. Right now it work with sound only, but...
  8. Win10 2004 Microphone doesnt work.

Win10 2004 Microphone doesnt work.: Hello, i tried updating to the 2004 build today but when i do my mic stops working the pegel always shows 100% but it wont make any sound on recording or on Teamspeak and when i revert to the old build it works fine again. The headset is a Lx50 by Lioncast so not the...
  9. but microphone doesnt work

but microphone doesnt work: just purchase a gamer headphone set the hearing is great but microphone doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-microphone-doesnt-work/0adfa723-3648-4bc4-a343-3c7c6cde2497
  10. Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.: I got a new headset, and when I plugged it in I could only hear audio. I tried to use the mic built in with the headset it doesn't work. It plugs in the computer with a USB and a green 3.5mm port. When I went into the sound control panel it doesn't detect any microphone. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone not working in zoom after windows 10 upgrade

2. microphone doesnt work on lenovo in zoom

3. windows update now microphone doesnt work