Windows 10: Microphone doesn't work but audio does

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work but audio does in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a Rode NT1 microphone condenser and a Rode AI-1 interface. The Rode AI-1 has a headphone jack which I use for my headphones and they work fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackKaroly, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Microphone doesn't work but audio does

I've had a Rode NT1 microphone condenser and a Rode AI-1 interface. The Rode AI-1 has a headphone jack which I use for my headphones and they work fine but just recently my microphone has stop being detected by my computer. The microphone still works because I can use the AI-1 to playback my voice and I can hear it but my computer doesn't detect it. I've tried to update drivers but I have all the most recent ones. I've tried setting it as default, enabling and disabling it, unplugging and re plugging but it doesn't work.

:)

JackKaroly, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 1, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microphone doesn't work but audio does [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Microphone doesn't work but audio does

Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Microphone doesn't work but audio does :)

GiancarlosGarza, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Microphone doesn't work but audio does

1. Microphone doesn't work but audio does - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't audio

2. Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10: Hello,I have a plugged-in headset that used to work okay with Windows 10. Now, the microphone works fine but the audio doesn't.I tried the set on my phone and other devices and audio works fine. What can I do? I tried troubleshooting.These are the kind of headphone I use....
  3. Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10: Hello,I have a plugged-in headset that used to work okay with Windows 10. Now, the microphone works fine but the audio doesn't.I tried the set on my phone and other devices and audio works fine. What can I do? I tried troubleshooting.These are the kind of headphone I use....
  4. Audio doesn't work but Microphone does - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  6. Audio input Microphone does not work.

Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  7. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Headphone audio works, but microphone does not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio works, but microphone does not: I tried looking for a solution for myself but there seems to be many strange aspects which prevent me from following instructions that are commonly suggested.I have tried solving this problem with two headphones but I get the same problem with both of them.Firstly, the...
  9. No audio and microphone doesn't work either

No audio and microphone doesn't work either: I am running Windows 10 on an HP Spectre x360. My audio driver is the Realtek. Over the past month or so the internal microphone and speakers in my laptop have not been working. Sometimes they work for 5-10 minutes in the morning after I hadn't been on it in a while. After...
  10. Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.

Audio popping, and Microphone doesn't work with headset.: Hello all. I just built a new PC and am using Win10 for the first time, coming from Win7 on previous PC. I have a Sades SA-903 headset, and on my previous PC, I would just plug it to a USB port and it would install a Generic 7.1CH Gaming Headset driver, and work just like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone doesnt work but headphones doi