Windows 10: microphone doesn't work, can not even test it

Discus and support microphone doesn't work, can not even test it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microphone is present, says it is OK but can not even test it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LyndaRose1, May 3, 2020.

1. microphone doesn't work, can not even test it

Microphone is present, says it is OK but can not even test it

:)

LyndaRose1, May 3, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, May 3, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

microphone doesn't work, can not even test it [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 3, 2020
  4. Vivian_S Win User

microphone doesn't work, can not even test it

Microphone not working

Hi Tal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Microphone on your computer. In order to get better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the build version of Windows 10 Home installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you using and internal or external microphone?

Meanwhile, let us try a few steps and see if it helps.

I would suggest you to check
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

Once the microphone is setup, please check the settings referred in Cortana can't hear me.

Let us know the results. If issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Vivian_S, May 3, 2020
Thema:

microphone doesn't work, can not even test it

1. microphone doesn't work, can not even test it - Similar Threads - microphone doesn't test

2. microphone test

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone test: I just got a headset for my win 10 os --- its bluetooth paired OK ---- I am able to listen to apps like itunes -- no issues I tried to use the microphone of the headset and ran into a problem It does not seem to be picking up and sounds. I rand the troubleshooter test and in...
  3. My microphone is not working, but the troubleshooter doesn't detect anything, even the test...

My microphone is not working, but the troubleshooter doesn't detect anything, even the test...: So this problem happened a few days from now. The problem is that my microphone doesn't do anything. When I try to record my audio using Audacity, there's no input. Zoom meetings, no input. It seems that the mic doesn't transmit any data. But, when I opened the Sounds panel...
  4. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I am on a Windows 10 Pro desktop and just purchased a new Jounivo microphone. It's supposed to be plug and play but when I try to test the microphone under the Windows audio settings, even though it shows the Jounivo mic, the little microphone icon where you can click to test...
  5. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it suddenly stopped working with all apps regardless of permission. when I open zoom or voice recorderwhich both have access to...
  6. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The microphone of my apple earpods alambric doesn´t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work/08295f54-34ea-4c6b-aa25-79f4900c77d7
  7. Microphone tests okay, but does not work.

Microphone tests okay, but does not work.: When I test my microphone using the settings in WIndows 10, the microphone shows recording levels. But when I attempt to use, it does not work. I could not get it to work in Cortana, Edge, or Chrome. Tried troubleshooting multiple times. I tried to manually load a...
  8. microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microphone doesn't work: After windows 10 update my blue snowball microphone doesn't work nor does the red Light turn on. And. I have been singing everyday for at least 4-6 hours daily until I allowed the windows 10 update. And I had made safe file inn case something like this happens but somehow...
  9. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: Hi, i'm having some trouble with my microphone on my personal home computer: it is recognised by the pc, but it doesn't workl. I've seen that on Setting>Privacy>Microphone all the options are locked and there is above a text that say "some informations are hidden or managed...
  10. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, Lenovo made, and up until now my microphone worked fine. Now, I can't use it on anything, nothing on the internet helps, and the built-in audio troubleshooter just says there's a problem with the "Generic Audio Driver." I've uninstalled and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does microphone work in zoom