Windows 10: Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, the integrated microphone on my Lenovo IdeaPad C-340 under Windows 10 used to work fine, I could participate in ZOOM calls without a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaFroeli, Jun 23, 2020.

1. SaFroeli Win User

Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission

Hi,

the integrated microphone on my Lenovo IdeaPad C-340 under Windows 10 used to work fine, I could participate in ZOOM calls without a problem. Then suddenly, it stopped working.

When I go to the sound settings, I see that the microphone works, because the volume bar of the built-in microphone reacts to my talking. However, applications like ZOOM or Obs Studio don't seem to pick up the audio. They have the required permission: Under "settings -> privacy -> microphone" it says "Microphone access for this device is on", and desktop apps like ZOOM are specifically allowed to use the microphone. Furthermore, in the systray I see the small microphone icon which signals that the respective app is using the microphone, yet it doesn't work. I have the newest audio driver installed. The problem is identical when I try to use an external microphone. I'm at my wit's end, what else could I try?

:)

SaFroeli, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jun 26, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission

Windows not registering programs as requiring microphone

I am using an application that requires microphone input, and for the last few months, there has been an inability for any audio input to function through the app. I finally figured out that windows is not registering the app as one that requires a microphone,
    and is denying it access to using the mic. My question is if there is any way to add applications to the list of permissions under the microphone tab in the privacy settings. (The app I am using is Discord)

BruceHarman, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission

1. Microphone doesn't work on apps who have the required permission - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't apps

2. Microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work: I bought an HP laptop and then suddenly found out that my partner couldn't hear me. I installed all the drivers from HP's website but nothing helped. I allowed my mic to every program in privacy settings. Then I checked my sound devices and in "Record" instead of "Microphone"...
  3. Camera app permission required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera app permission required: When I opened the camera app, it told me to allow permission to the camera and microphone. Therefore, I granted permission to the app in the settings. However, when I am back in the camera app, it still tells me that the app requires permission to camera and microphone AGAIN....
  4. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I am on a Windows 10 Pro desktop and just purchased a new Jounivo microphone. It's supposed to be plug and play but when I try to test the microphone under the Windows audio settings, even though it shows the Jounivo mic, the little microphone icon where you can click to test...
  5. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it suddenly stopped working with all apps regardless of permission. when I open zoom or voice recorderwhich both have access to...
  6. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The microphone of my apple earpods alambric doesn´t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work/08295f54-34ea-4c6b-aa25-79f4900c77d7
  7. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The generic MSI laptop microphone does not work. People can't hear me on Zoom software. The microphone driver is installed and is up to date on Device Manager. In Privacy settings there is access to a microphone from the applications. I tried to update the microphone driver...
  8. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: Hello, I have an issue in which my headest is registering to my device, but the microphone doesn't work. It comes thgrough as though there is no microphone attached to the device. I've searched for other tutorials, but nothing works. I have to use the microphone built in to...
  9. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: Hi, i'm having some trouble with my microphone on my personal home computer: it is recognised by the pc, but it doesn't workl. I've seen that on Setting>Privacy>Microphone all the options are locked and there is above a text that say "some informations are hidden or managed...
  10. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, Lenovo made, and up until now my microphone worked fine. Now, I can't use it on anything, nothing on the internet helps, and the built-in audio troubleshooter just says there's a problem with the "Generic Audio Driver." I've uninstalled and...