Windows 10: Microphone doesn't work on laptop

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work on laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones don't get recognized as a playback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by edendew, Jan 17, 2021.

1. edendew Win User

Microphone doesn't work on laptop

Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones don't get recognized as a playback device and also not as a recording device aux. I am using a Lenovo S540-15IWL GTX.On OS build 18363.1316 and
    Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0J40700 WIN, s/n YN008PD0
    System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n YN008PD0

The bar doesn't move at all when I speak into my microphone or my laptop. I tried changing default devices but that didn't do anything.

Microphone doesn't work on laptop 7c88dc63-388e-40b7-94d6-fd88b77cf03d?upload=true.png

I tried reinstalling my audio drivers multiple times realtek from the lenovo website and the official realtek website but it just doesn't do the trick, Every guide online is just telling me to reinstall drivers or to troubleshoot, but this doesn't work. I also checked the privacy and everything seems in order there. Also changing audio enhancements etc.. doesn't do anything.

The only fix that I found is temporarily, and that is by deleting the realtek drivers, then it gets replaced with Microsoft's High definition audio driver, but even after setting my PC to not automatically update drivers, after a couple of restarts realtek audio is back. But because I can sometimes make it work temporarily, I know it isn't an issue with my headphones or inbuilt mic.

The only thing I did notice is that in my device manager there is a driver that isn't on my pc with a yellow warning sign called Detection verification.

Microphone doesn't work on laptop 329c6e7b-f6e0-4570-a135-013e8e97a474?upload=true.png Does anyone have a different fix that I could try except for a full restore? I'm in the middle of the exams and can't really afford to delete everything and reinstall everything. Many thanks!

:)

edendew, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Mazkaa Win User
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work

I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything

Mazkaa, Jan 17, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microphone doesn't work on laptop [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone doesn't work on laptop - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't laptop

2. Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in: It used to work but then I accidentally deleted Realtek HD Audio because when I try and open this programme, it tells me it doesn't exist and directs me to the Microsoft Store. I would then download it because I am prompted to do this but it still doesn't work so I ended up...
  3. microphone doesn't work on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone doesn't work on laptop: [ATTACH] Whenever I try to use my microphone in any app, it doesn't work, even when I plug in my headphones, my headphones get recognized as a playback device but not a recording device (aux). I am using a Lenovo S540-15IWL GTX.(On OS build 18363.1316) The bar doesn't...
  4. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I am on a Windows 10 Pro desktop and just purchased a new Jounivo microphone. It's supposed to be plug and play but when I try to test the microphone under the Windows audio settings, even though it shows the Jounivo mic, the little microphone icon where you can click to test...
  5. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it suddenly stopped working with all apps regardless of permission. when I open zoom or voice recorderwhich both have access to...
  6. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The microphone of my apple earpods alambric doesn´t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-work/08295f54-34ea-4c6b-aa25-79f4900c77d7
  7. Microphone with Razer headset doesn't work with laptop?

Microphone with Razer headset doesn't work with laptop?: Recently bought a new headset and was trying to use them for gaming and no one could hear me and i tried doing everything in my knowledge to try and fix them " going through settings" and genuinely couldn't find anything to get them to work how can i get my headset's mic to...
  8. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: Hi, i'm having some trouble with my microphone on my personal home computer: it is recognised by the pc, but it doesn't workl. I've seen that on Setting>Privacy>Microphone all the options are locked and there is above a text that say "some informations are hidden or managed...
  9. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: I'm on a Windows 10 laptop, Lenovo made, and up until now my microphone worked fine. Now, I can't use it on anything, nothing on the internet helps, and the built-in audio troubleshooter just says there's a problem with the "Generic Audio Driver." I've uninstalled and...
  10. Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work

Built-in laptop microphone doesn't work: I've been attempting to use applications like Teamspeak or Google Hangouts, but whenever I try to use the built-in microphone on my laptop, it doesn't work. It did work when I was using Windows 8.1. The "update driver" button only says that it's up to date. EDIT: I have...