Windows 10: Microphone doesnt work randomly from time to time

Discus and support Microphone doesnt work randomly from time to time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop's microphone doesn't work for no reason from time to time like im doing something then i join a discord call and my microphone just doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kynaru, Oct 18, 2020.

1. /u/Kynaru Win User

Microphone doesnt work randomly from time to time

My laptop's microphone doesn't work for no reason from time to time like im doing something then i join a discord call and my microphone just doesn't work then i restart my laptop and it works.

Today i was in a discord call and since i had to eat i left the discord call, then after some time my laptop slept and when i turned it back in, joined to the call again and my mic just didn't work.

The way i fix this is by restarting the pc, but it takes way to long, how can i fix this

Thanks!.

submitted by /u/Kynaru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kynaru, Oct 18, 2020
  2. xsteveuk Win User
    xsteveuk, Oct 18, 2020
  3. iMephisto Win User
    Lan disconnect randomly, same time mouse wont work anymore

Randomly on the Desktop it happens that my Lan cable are lost the connection. In the same time, my mouse wont work anymore. My Keyboard works fine in this Time and my PC doesnt hang up or something.
    After i restart my System, both things work without problem.
    it happens randomly, and i dont get any charisticas that would maybe be the Trigger for that.
    It only happens on the Desktop, in games it doesnt happens until now.
    I hope someone maybe know wheres the problem is.

Ty

ver:1903

iMephisto, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone doesnt work randomly from time to time - Similar Threads - Microphone doesnt randomly

2. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.: The internal microphone of my laptop will suddenly stop picking up any input randomly; it's never consistent, but it will often stop working and then begin working again hours later. I have no idea what causes it and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I have tried:-...
  3. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.: The internal microphone of my laptop will suddenly stop picking up any input randomly; it's never consistent, but it will often stop working and then begin working again hours later. I have no idea what causes it and have tried numerous solutions to no avail. I have tried:-...
  4. Internal microphone on laptop stops working at random times.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time: Both my browser Chrome and Edge has been crashing randomly from time to time. This started happening few months ago. Crash frequency: ~ every 10 mins... After some investigation, the **error code** is always: `ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc00000fd - A new guard page for the stack...
  6. Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Chrome randomly crashes from time to time: Both my browser Chrome and Edge has been crashing randomly from time to time. This started happening few months ago. Crash frequency: ~ every 10 mins... After some investigation, the **error code** is always: `ERROR_CODE: NTSTATUS 0xc00000fd - A new guard page for the stack...
  7. microphone doesnt work

microphone doesnt work: Hello all im after some help as my son is trying to play call of duty on his pc. We have a wired xbox one controller which is working fine, we have plugged his headset into the controller and can only get sound to the headset. His microphone is not working ive tried my...
  8. but microphone doesnt work

but microphone doesnt work: just purchase a gamer headphone set the hearing is great but microphone doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-microphone-doesnt-work/0adfa723-3648-4bc4-a343-3c7c6cde2497
  9. Mouse not working from time to time

Mouse not working from time to time: Recently, my mouses fail to respond from time to time and I can only activate the mouse again by pressing the "Ctrl" button once or repeatedly. Initially I thought my Logitech mouse was out of order. But then the same happens to the newly purchased Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse....
  10. Getting random BSOD from time to time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting random BSOD from time to time.: Hello. I've been getting random BSOD lately, for the past couple months. They happen scarce and rare, when I'm just sitting on desktop or gaming. A few days ago I upgraded some of my hardware (CPU, Motherboard, RAM) the PSU/GPU are still the old ones. I then did a fresh...