Windows 10: Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When my headphones are not plugged in, my microphone works. I guess this must be related to an option windows asked me about preference after updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PauloFernandesRodrigues, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in

When my headphones are not plugged in, my microphone works. I guess this must be related to an option windows asked me about preference after updating my driver, but i cant find anywhere how i can revert that.

:)

PauloFernandesRodrigues, Jul 8, 2020

2. Built-in microphone doesn't work when I plug in headphones

Yes, my laptop only has one 3.5mm headphone jack that I plug my headphones into.

Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in 247fa0db-ba36-4c72-81a4-53945638c2e0?upload=true.png

This is what shows up when I followed your instruction. I think I see my laptop's built-in microphone listed, but when I plug in my headphones, the microphone is totally silent. What do I do next? It seems like the microphone isn't disabled or anything,
    it just happens that it is totally silent when I plug in my headphones.

MorningSunBright, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Mic doesn't work when headphones are plugged in.

Hi Jragon,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the delay.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by SHIC24 replied on Jan 18, 2011 in the link below. Try to change the settings to Desktop Microphone instead of Headset Microphone.

Microphone doesn't work when headphone is plugged in (Windows 7 with Realtek HD Audio).

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in

Lenovo G510: Microphone not working when headphones plugged in

When I plug my headphones in to talk to friends on Facebook Call, they are reporting that my microphone is not working. It is a Conexant Audio microphone and yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, with no luck. Any suggestions would
    be helpful.

Jacob Atkinson, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in

1. Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't headphones

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  6. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  7. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

8. Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.

Microphone doesn't work when earphones are plugged in.: Hello, my microphone Maono au-pm461 TR doesn't work when I plug in any headphones, I tested "noname" headphones, Razer electra v2 and razer kraken essential. When I plug in microphone and headphones microphone doesn't work or headphones doesn't works for example I have error...
  9. Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in

Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in: It used to work but then I accidentally deleted Realtek HD Audio because when I try and open this programme, it tells me it doesn't exist and directs me to the Microsoft Store. I would then download it because I am prompted to do this but it still doesn't work so I ended up...
  10. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.: I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones, the laptop's microphone doesn't pick up anything. With my old pair of headphones, this wasn't an issue-- I could record my...