Windows 10: Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

Discus and support Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gtighe, Aug 8, 2016.

1. gtighe Win User

Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and then go to recording devices to make sure that it is working when i see that it isnt, i messed with all of the settings and found nothing that works... please help. Thanks in advance

:)

gtighe, Aug 8, 2016
  2. AndyC1989 Win User

External microphone really quiet (Realtek HD Audio-Manager)

Hello,

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio-Manager. I bought a new headset a few days ago. It is working fine on the Playstation, tablet and on my mobile phone. However on my Notebook it is very quiet.

I plugged it in but the I think the Realtek HD Audio-Manager puts the internal microphone and my external microphone into one microphone array (well, that's what at least is showing in the system settings).

So even though I set every audio setting to maximum, the microphone is still very quiet. I also updated the drivers and reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager.

Once when I deinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager and I tried the troubleshooting it somehow worked fine for a few seconds. But then it reinstalled Realtek HD-Audio-Manager automatically and the microphone was quiet once again.

AndyC1989, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2016
  5. gtighe Win User
    Hello John, I figured out what the problem was by contacting the people who made my pc. my headphone is a mic and a headphone and in order for the mic to work i would need a splitter

gtighe, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Hello,

That would make sense. A headset has different wiring than a Microphone. Some Headsets have a switch on them to change inputs and outputs. Otherwise, a splitter is needed. Thanks, for getting back to us with your solution.

We can consider this issue closed.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager

1. Microphone doesn't work with Realtek audio manager - Similar Threads - Microphone doesn't Realtek

2. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  3. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone: Hi! I've recently encouraged a problem with my microphone. The Realtek audio driver seems to only be able to recognise the laptop mic and not the headset. The headset audio works just fine but the microphone that is used by the system is the laptop one and i can't change...
  4. Realtek audio driver doesn't work with external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek microphone doesn't work: I don't understand why my microphone doesn't work. I can't find any way to fix it. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-doesnt-work/39956027-880e-49d5-b4c4-3fb43a3926bf
  6. Realtek microphone doesn't work

Realtek microphone doesn't work: I don't understand why my microphone doesn't work. I can't find any way to fix it. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-doesnt-work/39956027-880e-49d5-b4c4-3fb43a3926bf
  7. Audio Jack Doesn't Work and Realtek Drivers Doesn't Show Up in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack Doesn't Work and Realtek Drivers Doesn't Show Up in Device Manager: I have a system, with Motherboard from gigabyte B760M D2H DDR4 rev 1.0, Intel i5-12400f, Asus dual amd 6700 xt, T-Force ram 16gb 3200mhz ddr4 and cabinet galax rev 01 white.both front and back audio ports don't work in it, and I can hear sound only with Bluetooth devices. I...
  8. Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager: I'm using Audacity recording software and a cheap microphone I bought from Walmart to record guitar. I have tweaked the settings in every appropriate way, but when I run a microphone test in settings, the analysis states that the microphone is transmitting sound at only 15%....
  9. Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager

Microphone / Input Devices and Realtek Audio Manager: I'm using Audacity recording software and a cheap microphone I bought from Walmart to record guitar. I have tweaked the settings in every appropriate way, but when I run a microphone test in settings, the analysis states that the microphone is transmitting sound at only 15%....
  10. Realtek Audio manager not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio manager not working: So I recently updated my drivers and windows and now my audio is not working what so ever. I don't have the option to even see the audio manager and I don't have the High definition audio available to select in my device manager. I've tried reinstalling the drivers I've tried...