Windows 10: microphone doesn't work

Discus and support microphone doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by هدير مهدى زين, Jul 13, 2020.

1. microphone doesn't work

my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it suddenly stopped working with all apps regardless of permission. when I open zoom or voice recorderwhich both have access to mic the icon that indicates that the mic is working appears but it actually doesn't as in no voice is recorded or sent. it also happened with all microphones connected with the laptop. The microphone in headset and handsfree stopped working only on this laptop.

:)

هدير مهدى زين, Jul 13, 2020

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Windows Phones for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Jul 13, 2020
  3. microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

microphone doesn't work

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

microphone doesn't work

1. microphone doesn't work - Similar Threads - microphone doesn't

2. My Windows 10 laptop doesn't register any other external microphones except the realtek...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 laptop doesn't register any other external microphones except the realtek...: I have tried everything I have seen online to no avail including; - going back to an older driver- letting apps access the mic- checking the control panel and attempting to enable in the recording tabAll of the attached devices are "enabled" in the recording tab of the...
  3. My Windows 10 laptop doesn't register any other external microphones except the realtek...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 laptop doesn't register any other external microphones except the realtek...: I have tried everything I have seen online to no avail including; - going back to an older driver- letting apps access the mic- checking the control panel and attempting to enable in the recording tabAll of the attached devices are "enabled" in the recording tab of the...
  4. My Windows 10 laptop doesn't register any other external microphones except the realtek...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  6. I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...

I messed up my headset settings and now the microphone doesn't work and the audio is a lot...: For context, this started because I was trying to work out how to listen to audio with two separate headsets and managed to succeed. However, when I tried to reverse what I had done after the fuss with the two headsets, my microphone became very quiet when I called on Discord...
  7. hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...

hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...: hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't work, it works as a speaker only, i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-everybody-i-just-got-i-new-pc-but-when-i/32a73610-77f4-4bf3-a7a9-8b9de3582a3f
  8. hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...: hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't work, it works as a speaker only, i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-everybody-i-just-got-i-new-pc-but-when-i/32a73610-77f4-4bf3-a7a9-8b9de3582a3f
  9. hello everybody, i just got i new pc, but when i connect my headset, the microphone doesn't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Bluetooth earbuds crash programs or microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds crash programs or microphone doesn't work: I have seen this in several places online, but nothing seems to resolve the issue, so I am posting here to see if anyone has an idea of that is going on. I have Google Pixel Buds A. They worked fine on an old Surface 2 I was using. I have a new computer at work and they...