Windows 10: Microphone doesnt work

Discus and support Microphone doesnt work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My mic doesnt work if im not playing csgo, *kinda weird but its true. For example im using discord with playing csgo, my mic will work, and if i close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Romy Dion, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Romy Dion Win User

Microphone doesnt work

My mic doesnt work if im not playing csgo, *kinda weird but its true. For example im using discord with playing csgo, my mic will work, and if i close it, my mic start not working.

:)

Romy Dion, Feb 17, 2021
  2. eroopli123, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2021
  4. ggguidici Win User

Microphone doesnt work

but microphone doesnt work

just purchase a gamer headphone set the hearing is great but microphone doesnt work

ggguidici, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Microphone doesnt work

1. Microphone doesnt work - Similar Threads - Microphone doesnt

2. What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...: Session "dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-kernel-pnp-warning-in-event-log/559adb98-d3fd-4eb9-bde4-9f57c3363737
  3. What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...: Session "dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-kernel-pnp-warning-in-event-log/559adb98-d3fd-4eb9-bde4-9f57c3363737
  4. What does this Kernel-PnP Warning in Event Log mean? ?My microphone doesnt work for a game...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone: Hello,I have a pretty old keyboard, to be exact a Yahama PSR E243 and i wanted to connect it to my PC via USB Midi.I installed the dricer and everything and the Driver Shows up as "Yaham USB-MIDI Driver WDM" in my Device Managment under Audio Video and Gamecontroller, but...
  6. USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone

USB Midi Device doesnt get recognize as a Microphone: Hello,I have a pretty old keyboard, to be exact a Yahama PSR E243 and i wanted to connect it to my PC via USB Midi.I installed the dricer and everything and the Driver Shows up as "Yaham USB-MIDI Driver WDM" in my Device Managment under Audio Video and Gamecontroller, but...
  7. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  8. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  9. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

10. My speakers dont work and my microphone doesnt even show up on control panel, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers dont work and my microphone doesnt even show up on control panel, please help.: My speakers have disappeared from the sound tab in settings, but when I check control panel it says they are working fine. My microphone has also disappeared from my computer completely. My drivers are all up to date, I have all windows updates available installed and...