Windows 10: Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

Discus and support Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My microphone is not working, I have searched online and tried multiple solutions but I can't make it work. The microphone record sound but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mauro_Andrés, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

Hello,

My microphone is not working, I have searched online and tried multiple solutions but I can't make it work.

The microphone record sound but at very very low volume.

Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated" 9aa0cb3b-ad24-4462-9267-b711d4986e76?upload=true.jpg

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{a6f6260f-42a3-4531-b884-cc7653a6a48b} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{e3bb938d-26f9-4eb3-948f-18620c97bc3c}

Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120

Present: false

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)

Mauro_Andrés, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

1. Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated" - Similar Threads - Microphone driver problem

2. Microphone Driver Issue I Suspect. "Device Not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Driver Issue I Suspect. "Device Not Migrated": I'm going to piggy-back on Fillpe's question/issue from May 11th, 2023. I have a Windows 11 HP 17" Widescreen laptop. The built-in Intel Smart Technology Microphone Array was working fine until this month sometime. Here are the specs:Device name LAPTOP-BR2QK4HU Processor 11th...
  3. Microphone Driver Issue I Suspect. "Device Not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Driver Issue I Suspect. "Device Not Migrated": I'm going to piggy-back on Fillpe's question/issue from May 11th, 2023. I have a Windows 11 HP 17" Widescreen laptop. The built-in Intel Smart Technology Microphone Array was working fine until this month sometime. Here are the specs:Device name LAPTOP-BR2QK4HU Processor 11th...
  4. Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated": Hello, My microphone is not working, I have searched online and tried multiple solutions but I can't make it work.The microphone record sound but at very very low volume.Thanks in advance for any...
  5. Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

Microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated": Hello, My microphone is not working, I have searched online and tried multiple solutions but I can't make it work.The microphone record sound but at very very low volume.Thanks in advance for any...
  6. Drivers migration issue for usb microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers migration issue for usb microphone.: So i connected the usb microphone and the microphone volume is very very low, I have checked the volume in listen panel it is on 100.Microphone: Samson C01U ProDevice: Lenovo Ideapad 520s I have tried uninstalling the driver and running the audio recording troubleshooter...
  7. Drivers migration issue for usb microphone.

Drivers migration issue for usb microphone.: So i connected the usb microphone and the microphone volume is very very low, I have checked the volume in listen panel it is on 100.Microphone: Samson C01U ProDevice: Lenovo Ideapad 520s I have tried uninstalling the driver and running the audio recording troubleshooter...
  8. A microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A microphone driver problem "Device Not Migrated": My computer's window version is window 10. When I use an external microphone, it shows that the device is not migrated. Can I know how I fixed it...
  9. Audio Drivers Device Not Migrated

Audio Drivers Device Not Migrated: For several months, both my headset Logitech USB and microphone Samson GoMic USB have had issues. They can work, but my microphone is too quiet and muffled and only one setting can be recorded. My headset is too loud, and I have to turn down every program to be very quiet....
  10. Microphone Synaptics SmartAudio HD device not migrated

Microphone Synaptics SmartAudio HD device not migrated: Background: after an update sometimes last few months, my microphone does not work. Even when I use an external microphone like "airpod/others" zoom/other apps fail to pick up the microphone. I have an LG gram laptop, it comes with the "Lg update center" which is pretty...