Windows 10: Microphone echo issue after new computer

Discus and support Microphone echo issue after new computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Just today I got a new pc and plugged my old headset (HyperX Cloud Stinger), I used this headset on my old pc and it worked perfectly, never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeenThere_Already, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Microphone echo issue after new computer

Hello,

Just today I got a new pc and plugged my old headset (HyperX Cloud Stinger), I used this headset on my old pc and it worked perfectly, never had an issue until today.

My issue is that I get on either Teamspeak 3 or Discord and people can hear themselves when they talk (I have voice activation option on) or they can hear my in-game sounds, even my music.

Tried everything so far, updated drivers, etc. and nothing works.

submitted by /u/BeenThere_Already
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BeenThere_Already, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Microphone Echo Effect

Recently out of nowhere my computer has started echoing. The microphone is not cancelling anything out. The most important thing to note here is this wasnt an issue for weeks.

We have an aftermarket microphone and speakers. Again, no issues what so ever. Then all the sudden we started having this weird echo problem on calls which doesnt work with work from home.

We have reinstalled drivers and tried everything. It does it with everything, headsets, standalone laptop microphone, everything is echoing. We have disabled the "listen to this device" and it makes it worse. What happened and how can we fix this???? Suddenly
    everything went wrong.

PoutySloth, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Microphone echo issue after new computer

Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Microphone echo issue after new computer

1. Microphone echo issue after new computer - Similar Threads - Microphone echo issue

2. Microphone creating echos in my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone creating echos in my speakers: I was having reports from people that my audio was very quiet and people couldn't hear me well. I could only sit directly in front of computer or no one could hear me. When i went to go check the audio/microphone/speaker settings, something happened...but now all i have is...
  3. Windows 10 and Amazon Echo using a microphone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 and Amazon Echo using a microphone: I have had an Amazon Echo for a number of years and have it on my two iPads and a Browser version on my PC. Recently I purchased a microphone and would like to use this to provide voice commands to my Echo device which is in another room. I understand this can been done, but...
  4. Microphone Echo

Microphone Echo: For some reason my computer's mic records all the sounds I make such as my own voice, keyboard typing, and mouse clicking, and plays all of them out back through the computer's speaker. How do I make sure I can't hear my own voice while others can?...
  5. Microphone Echo Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Echo Problem: So I just got a new USB mic (Tonor TC-777) and I plugged it in to test. I have no issues with the sound itself, but no matter where I am in my computer, I can hear the playback of mic audio- which means when I record something, it's in the video twice. I've tried searching...
  6. Multiple Microphone Devices and Echo on System

Multiple Microphone Devices and Echo on System: For the past couple months there's been a horrible echo whenever I'm on Zoom or Google Meet calls. I was recorded a Loom video today and I noticed that it's showing multiple microphones from the system, yet when I go to the systems settings it's only showing one microphone....
  7. Microphone echoing to my mates in discord

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone echoing to my mates in discord: Every time I play with my friends they always complain about hearing my ingame sound or spotify. Is there a quick fix to this or is my pc broken? submitted by /u/CarlThemyth [link] [comments]...
  8. Microphone Echo Effect

Microphone Echo Effect: Recently out of nowhere my computer has started echoing. The microphone is not cancelling anything out. The most important thing to note here is this wasnt an issue for weeks. We have an aftermarket microphone and speakers. Again, no issues what so ever. Then all the...
  9. Echo when using Microphone Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Echo when using Microphone Windows 10: I have a really annoying problem with sound from my Dell all-in-one 2330 Windows 10 PC. Whenever a microphone is in use my PC emits an Echo from the speakers. Normal sound e.g. playing music files or sound from a video is perfectly fine. I have tried different settings ….....
  10. New Echo Dot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Echo Dot: I plugged in my first Echo Dot. It tells me to go to my computer to install. My desktop doesn't know what I am talking about. Where do I set up it up because it says I don't have the app on my Windows 10? Thank you....