Windows 10: Microphone fails during Teams calls on a Hyper-V VM

Discus and support Microphone fails during Teams calls on a Hyper-V VM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to use Teams remotely on a Windows 10 VM running on Hyper-V.The Microphone will stop working every few minutes, without any obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Warrick Cooke, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Microphone fails during Teams calls on a Hyper-V VM

I am trying to use Teams remotely on a Windows 10 VM running on Hyper-V.The Microphone will stop working every few minutes, without any obvious cause.Restarting the Windows Audio service fixes the issue.

:)

Warrick Cooke, Apr 30, 2021
  2. SarahKong Win User

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Move Hyper-V VM Without Reactivating?

According to this (How do I avoid needing to activate Windows when I move a VM? [Hyper-V]) link it is possible to move a Hyper V VM to a new host without having to reactivate the guest OS by exporting
    it and importing it. Are there any additional steps I should know about or is it as simple as find the export and then import (on the new host) options/buttons?

EvenNotOdd, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Igor Lish Win User

Microphone fails during Teams calls on a Hyper-V VM

Hyper-V PowerShell module fails to create new vm

I have a problem with Hyper-V PowerShell module, it fails to create a New-VM on my machine.

It worked fine until I had to reinstall Hyper-V feature in Windows 10.

Since then cannot create VM with powershell cmdlets, creating a VM in GUI works

I receive the following error

New-VM : Hyper-V encountered an error trying to access an object on computer ...... because the object was not

found. The object might have been deleted, or you might not have permission to perform the task. Verify that the

Virtual Machine Management service on the computer is running. If the service is running, try to perform the task again

by using Run as Administrator.

I am the Administrator on local PC, and I checked Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service, and it is in a running state.

Tried to rebuild MOF file

MOFCOMP %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsVirtualization.V2.mof

also tried to uninstall Hyper-V feature and reinstall it with powershell, and still no success.

Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All

Any other ideas?

I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1709

Regards,

Igor

Igor Lish, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Microphone fails during Teams calls on a Hyper-V VM

1. Microphone fails during Teams calls on a Hyper-V VM - Similar Threads - Microphone fails during

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Failed to start Hyper-V VM on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to start Hyper-V VM on windows 11: Hi, I have migrated from Windows 10 to 11. I also upgraded VM config version to 11.But one of my VM fails to start with error message :Failed to start worker process: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. 0x800700B7...
  5. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  6. Hyper-v fails to import VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v fails to import VM: My Hyper-V storage drive broke down, have backups for that drive, so I have files for VMs. Replaced drive copied files from backup but Hyper-v manager doesn't see any VMs. Trying to import VMs from those files gets me error Unspecified error (0x8004005). Both Restore and...
  7. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  8. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...