Windows 10: Microphone fizzing and 3d graphics performance issues and crashes on Windows 10 Bootcamp...

Discus and support Microphone fizzing and 3d graphics performance issues and crashes on Windows 10 Bootcamp... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been really getting annoyed recently with a slew of problems whilst trying to use bootcamp on this macbook. I'm making this post to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DitchCord, Jun 26, 2020.

1. DitchCord Win User

Microphone fizzing and 3d graphics performance issues and crashes on Windows 10 Bootcamp...

Hi, I've been really getting annoyed recently with a slew of problems whilst trying to use bootcamp on this macbook. I'm making this post to see if anyone else has the same or similar issues with this computer or similar computer. I've already wiped this entire computer, reinstalling both macos and windows, and confirmed at the apple store genius bar to that there are no hardware issues. My assumption now is that many of my issues are related to drivers, so I'm just going to list out all the issues I've been experiencing and hope someone has some insight on some of these.

I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.900, running on a Macbook Pro 2020 13-inch 10th gen cpu with 16gb ram using the default Boot Camp drivers that come with the Windows installation. d

Issues found so far:

Sound

- When attaching an external headset with an attached microphone, the mic will work normally for around 5-15 minutes, and then start distorting and fizzing out. Turning off and on the mic will fix the problem, but I will need to repeat this over and over again, and requires me to actively listen to my mic to know when the fizzing starts happening.

3D games and display graphics

I've had these problems on both the preinstalled intel graphics driver AND the latest intel DCH display driver version 100.8280

- DirectX12 has fun issues on various games: "Fullscreen" mode will only keep the game in the topleft corner of the screen and loading a level will freeze and crash the game Unreal Tournament pre-alpha. Textures are blurry and alt-tabbing crashes the game Fortnite. Game crashes on launch ARK: Survival Evolved

- Running 2 games at the same time and alt-tabbing between them will frequently crash the entire display, leaving it blank with a cursor in the middle, and I cannot interact with anything nor press ctr-alt-del, requiring a force restart. I've done this all the time before on a 2015 macbook pro 13-inch with no issues except for lower frame rates.

- A couple games refuse to run at all and simply crash on startup, namely Quake Champions and Goat of Duty This may be the app's fault but I just want to mention it just in case someone knows a solution

- Using some of the warmer colors in the "f.lux" lighting application https://justgetflux.com/ will occasionally cause some pink pixel artifacts appearing on specific colors shown on the display. I've found similar issues in the f.lux forum but none relate directly to the computer I'm using. I and many people I know use this app on their macbooks not the new one I'm using without any issues.

:)

DitchCord, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Enfield Win User

VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

I am running Windows 10 Build 1803 build Citrix Desktops. I am trying to change the properties of the Windows 10 box so that I can turn off 3D Graphic properties as VMs are all in black screen mode. So, based on the suggestions by most of them, it looks
    like we have to turn off the 3D Hardware acceleration. When I right click on the desktop, I get only Display Settings and Personalize option and if I go into Display settings, i do not get to see the options for 3D graphic acceleration as mentioned in the
    below steps As, I do not see Graphic properties at all.

So, how can I turn it off or what else can be done as these are Citrix Desktops that are showing black screen. So, either you have to boot them serveral times or shut down and bring it up and sometimes they come up to the logon screen and show the windows
    screen or else they are black screen. Clicking on CTRL+ALT+DEL also has issues sometime it brings up the logon window or else none. Just plain black screen.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    2. Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    3. Go to the 3D option.
    4. You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Enfield, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 in bootcamp: "Bootcamp Graphics Driver update 6.0" crashes computer during install

Trying to run ArcGIS software on Windows 10 in bootcamp on an iMac. (ArcMap | Documentation)

ArcGIS crashes when loading a project, company says I need to update graphics driver.

I open "apple software update" within windows 10 via bootcamp. It says I need to install "Graphics Driver Update for Bootcamp 6.0, 339.05MB"

I download the update, accept the terms, and begin the installation. computer crashes within 5 seconds every time.

Tried putting the "windows support software" on USB stick in OS Sierra from bootcamp assistant, then run the setup in windows 10 via bootcamp. It too crashes the system when in the install portion.

Any ideas on what to try to fix this? I'm hurting for help, I have to use this software for school assignments. Thanks

specs:

iMac Retina 5k, 27-in, late 2015, mac os sierra v10.12

4GHz intel i7, 16GB 1867MHz DDR3, 500GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096MB

bootcamp v 6.1.0 (6050.1.3)

Windows 10 64bit

helpwithwin10bootcamp, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Microphone fizzing and 3d graphics performance issues and crashes on Windows 10 Bootcamp...

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone fizzing and 3d graphics performance issues and crashes on Windows 10 Bootcamp...

1. Microphone fizzing and 3d graphics performance issues and crashes on Windows 10 Bootcamp... - Similar Threads - Microphone fizzing graphics

2. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  3. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  4. Gaming and Graphic software performance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and Graphic software performance issue: My Laptop is having performance issues while running games and using graphic softwares like blender, gimp etc.Don't know the reason behind it but programs suddenly stops for while and start working again,Games also while gaming lags for example while playing NFS Most...
  5. Gaming and Graphic software performance issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming and Graphic software performance issue: My Laptop is having performance issues while running games and using graphic softwares like blender, gimp etc.Don't know the reason behind it but programs suddenly stops for while and start working again,Games also while gaming lags for example while playing NFS Most...
  6. Gaming and Graphic software performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BootCamp issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BootCamp issues: HI, i really need help i bootcamped my computer without saving anything to drive on my mac and need help starting a new mac im freaking out as i have school tommorow someone please help...
  8. Microphone issues on Bootcamp Macbook Pro 16 inch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone issues on Bootcamp Macbook Pro 16 inch: I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but for some reason, in bootcamp, my microphone gets a really weird static noise at times that also distorts my voice. It happens frequently, although not all the time. I do not think it is a hardware issue, and my...
  9. Windows 10 in bootloop issue with Bootcamp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 in bootloop issue with Bootcamp: Recently tried all the methods of trying to install Windows 10 on Bootcamp Catalina OS resulting in a loop of rebooting the Mac. Apple support staff has now routed me to Windows. Any help would be much appreciated! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Unsolvable 3D performance issue with windows 10 UA / FPS drops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unsolvable 3D performance issue with windows 10 UA / FPS drops: Hi everyone ! I really need your help for fixing this unsolvable issue I'm having with my Zenbook UX330UA. It seriously nonsense and after trying a bunch of solutions found on the internet, right now I'm clueless and don't know where to look at. I tried posting in the...