Windows 10: microphone for an app in Windows 10

Discus and support microphone for an app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I use Cortana as a microphone in Verizon One Talk on Windows 10 Desktop App?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaleJ, Jun 14, 2021.

1. GaleJ Win User

microphone for an app in Windows 10

Can I use Cortana as a microphone in Verizon One Talk on Windows 10 Desktop App?

:)

GaleJ, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jun 14, 2021
  4. microphone for an app in Windows 10

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

microphone for an app in Windows 10

1. microphone for an app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - microphone app

2. Microphone is very quite on every app except on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is very quite on every app except on Google Chrome: Greetings! Here I'll try to describe my problem in more detail with some concrete app examples.A week ago I noticed that my microphone is very quite on each app installed on my laptop Asus strix ROG gl703gs scar edition if it matters that uses it except for some reason Google...
  3. Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps

Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps: Hi Community,All of a sudden, my microphone has stopped working. It is detected by the Sound panel in Settings and Control Panel, but installed applications cannot receive input from it. It is a built-in Realtek Microphone ArrayIt receives input from my voice, but programs do...
  4. Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to give app permission to use microphone because off button is grayed out and won't...: So I was preparing for a google meet meeting, and I was testing my microphone. However it didn't seem to work. Eventually I found the problem, and that was that I hadn't given apps permission to use the microphone. I tried to switch it on, but the "off" button was grayed out,...
  5. Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera

Programs and apps can't access microphone or camera: I am using a Legion 5 15IMH05H laptop.As in the title, programs and apps such as the built-in Windows 10 Camera, built-in Windows 10 Voice Recorder, Discord, and Google Chrome won't give any output or receive any input?. These programs show that they are using the camera...
  6. My microphone isn't working in any third party apps.

My microphone isn't working in any third party apps.: Hi Guys,I just got my self a new microphone Razer Seiren Mini , but when I try to use it in apps such as obs and discord it doesn't work. When I go to the Windows sound settings and test my mic it works perfectly, it picks up my voice fine and the bar is moving , but in those...
  7. Microphone is too quiet in certain apps.

Microphone is too quiet in certain apps.: So I have a condenser microphone connected to my computer. It was working perfectly until a few weeks ago when it became too quiet in some apps. It's too quiet in browsers Google Chorome and Opera GX and games Valorant. However, it works just fine in Adobe Audition, Discord,...
  8. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer: Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue has left me quite frustrated so really sorry if I didn't provide enough details about the issue. Basically out of the blue the...
  9. Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphone only working in some programs due to Desktop App Web Viewer: Hi all, Apologies if this was asked previously as I was unable to find the relevant answer. I am always a lurker on mostly all forums but this issue has left me quite frustrated so really sorry if I didn't provide enough details about the issue. Basically out of the blue the...
  10. How to grant access to microphone on my win10 Lenovo laptop for a WhatsApp desktop app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to grant access to microphone on my win10 Lenovo laptop for a WhatsApp desktop app?: I checked the microphone through the Windows 10 setting, it works fine.The WhatsApp desktop application Web browser Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 allows recording a voice message, it then shows as a voice message. Next, if you press on a "Play" button the process will be shown...