Windows 10: Microphone for searches and other functions

Discus and support Microphone for searches and other functions in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I have just received a new laptop and to much of my disappointment it does not come with google installed. To be honest the only reason I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JenniferCollins12, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Microphone for searches and other functions

Hello,

I have just received a new laptop and to much of my disappointment it does not come with google installed. To be honest the only reason I even ever considered using Google rather than Bing Microsoft program was because I was in an accident 12 yrs ago and was left paralyzed from the neck down and it really is easier to use the google search microphone than the one Microsoft provides. I am sure that you guys are aware of this. So before I set up my new pc with chrome do you guys offer a better search option ?

:)

JenniferCollins12, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Microphone Driver is not functioning well

Hello Jericho,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check the status of this issue.

Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be
      prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab.
    Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
    Apply.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Microphone works but not really on other services.

Hi,

There is a possibility that the microphone is not functioning correctly due to an outdated driver or incorrect settings. To help us provide the proper steps on how to troubleshoot the issue, we'd like to ask for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Are you using a built-in or external microphone?
    • Have you tried using a different microphone and experience the same issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to the issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter.

• In the Search bar, type troubleshooting.
    • Open the Control Panel and click View all.
    • Locate and click Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Microphone for searches and other functions

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Microphone for searches and other functions

1. Microphone for searches and other functions - Similar Threads - Microphone searches functions

2. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  3. Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function and start button not working on Windows 11, as well as other functions.: I have tried restarting my computer, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Whenever I sign in, I'm unable to press the windows key. The taskbar is also missing, but after a few minutes it appears with the start button and search bar not working. I can click on some of the...
  4. Non functioning microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non functioning microphone: microphone is not working. video recording is working without audio. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-functioning-microphone/b60c63ed-8832-4a9a-9fde-8da4c83a72cf
  5. Navigating search functions

Navigating search functions: When I right click in the quick access search bar of file explorer on my work pc it immediately gives me the option to copy and paste and then automatically looks up what I pasted. My home pc when right clicking pops up the resize pane, I have to first click into the box...
  6. Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu and search function see image of affected icons. The start menu still opens when I push the appropriate key on my keyboard....
  7. Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function

Start menu, search, and other icons in taskbar no longer function: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Today, the first four icons in the task bar stopped responding to the mouse including the start menu and search function see image of affected icons. The start menu still opens when I push the appropriate key on my keyboard....
  8. microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps: in settings, i see that the integrated mic i use catches sound as it should, but in every app i want, the sound doesnt register at all. The inputs are correct, mics enabled, reinstalled drivers, still doesnt work, when i try to ."Intel smart sound technology for digital...
  9. microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps

microphone catching sound, not functioning in other apps: in settings, i see that the integrated mic i use catches sound as it should, but in every app i want, the sound doesnt register at all. The inputs are correct, mics enabled, reinstalled drivers, still doesnt work, when i try to ."Intel smart sound technology for digital...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935