Windows 10: Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

Discus and support Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after browsing through many questions on this platform I have been left dumbfounded on how to fix this issue. My CORSAIR Void Pro was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YaBoiMarth, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

Hello, after browsing through many questions on this platform I have been left dumbfounded on how to fix this issue. My CORSAIR Void Pro was working fine on Windows 7, and upon upgrading to Windows 10 has been locked on Telephone Quality and can not be set to DVD or CD quality (preferred qualities, but none will work period) as Windows Shell Common Dll crashes each time I try to change it.

Currently to fix this I have tried:
    -Updating Drivers

-Uninstalling the microphone's driver and reinstalling it through restarting windows 10
    -Updating Windows

-running the devmgmt.mst or whatever the specific command is through Windows+R

Am I stuck with telephone quality input on all future devices? How do fix ?

:)

YaBoiMarth, Jan 5, 2019

2. Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

Hi Thomas,

A DLL file contains data and sets of functions that other programs in Windows use on a daily basis. The
    Windows Shell Common DLL is not responding error indicates that the Windows Shell Common DLL has crashed due to some error. Usually, Windows will crash after attempting to make changes in the configurations of the audio devices or recording
    devices.

To resolve the issue, we suggest that you install appropriate audio drivers. Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. Make sure that you are using a stable version of drivers instead of any Beta version.
    You can download earlier version of the drivers for your operating system from the computer model manufacturer’s website and install it through Device Manager.

If the issue persists, install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 5, 2019
  3. window shell common dll stop working

window shell common dll stop working in my Touch pad. pls help

JeromeTumaliuan, Jan 5, 2019
  4. JyoBoral Win User

Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

Audio driver crashing, Playback devices tab not responding, windows shell common dll not responding :/

Hey Jarius, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried the system restore, it worked perfectly fine, and my audio was back to normal.

But, when I tried to do the same thing as I had done above. Its back to its messed up state.

audiodg is taking up 90% of my CPU.

But one thing is that, I am able to open playback devices, I tried disabling enhancements and stuff but when go to the advanced tab and try changing the format, the tab crashes saying "windows shell common dll not responding".

Please help :/ should I try a restart?

JyoBoral, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

1. Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes. - Similar Threads - Microphone Format stuck

2. Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality: Whenever I use my AirPod's microphone on my pc the audio quality is horrible. The audio format is stuck at telephone quality and I was wondering how I change it....
  3. Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality: Whenever I use my AirPod's microphone on my pc the audio quality is horrible. The audio format is stuck at telephone quality and I was wondering how I change it....
  4. Windows 11 forcing my headphones to telephone quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 forcing my headphones to telephone quality: I updated to windows 11 and now my headphones only work in telephone quality with microphone enabled. If the microphone is disabled it goes back to high quality, is there a way to use both microphone and headphones at high quality as it was in windows 10?...
  5. Windows 11 forcing my headphones to telephone quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 forcing my headphones to telephone quality: I updated to windows 11 and now my headphones only work in telephone quality with microphone enabled. If the microphone is disabled it goes back to high quality, is there a way to use both microphone and headphones at high quality as it was in windows 10?...
  6. Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10: So im trying to get a Wii u adapter to work on my computer and whenever i try to calibrate my controller, it comes up with a powershell error. This is the only time I run into issues and other people who use the software, with windows 10, have no clue what is going on....
  7. Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...

Windows Shell Dll crashes every time when I open microphone properties in the sound control...: I already updated the drivers and tried to uninstall and rebooted the pc. Also tried the poweshell command Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser and prompt command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth doesn't really spot anything....
  8. Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes: As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out. What happens is that seemingly regardless if I have controllers plugged in or not, and if it's plugged in, it doesn't matter what kind of controller I plug in, the Game...
  9. Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working: Hello All,first my problem is while i changing my mouse pointer theme,this error appeard to me *Sick Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working 22574
  10. Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties

Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties: When I access the context menu on Sound properties, it crashes, saying "Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working". I have Realtek HD audio and Intel Display Audio (HDMI out) audio devices. I can't access any function from the context menu, such as setting the highlighted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue snow ball format stuck in telephone

2. microphone stuck on telephone quality

3. windows 10 microphone telephone quality

4. headphones stuck on telephone quallity on windows,
  5. windows microphone telephone quality,
  6. windows 10 mic stuck on telephone quality,
  7. windows 10 microphone quality stuck at 8000,
  8. shell common dll mikrofon,
  9. cant change microphone format,
  10. cant change telephone quality on razer headphones to dvd quality,
  11. microphone quality stuck at telephone