Windows 10: Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB

Discus and support Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tested it on my phone (android) and manjaro linux in dualboot and it seems that the earphones work 100% correctly and it's the system which causes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilovereposts69, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB

I tested it on my phone (android) and manjaro linux in dualboot and it seems that the earphones work 100% correctly and it's the system which causes these problems, I tried turning different options in Realtek HD Audio Manager and nothing helped me, I also don't think I could use some equalizer too make it even louder because right now on these maximized settings the voice is only a quiet background to a loud static noise and trying more would cauuse it to be even worse. I tried reinstalling the drivers multiple times but it didn't seem to work.

Please help me I need to fix it by tommorow (9 hours from when I post it)

submitted by /u/ilovereposts69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilovereposts69, Mar 26, 2020
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: https://i.stack.imgur.com/HKSzf.png

Does anyone know what else to try?

3. Sumi8 Win User
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my MacBook Pro running Windows 10 Pro through Bootcamp. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: Img

Does anyone know what else to try?

Sumi8, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB

Microphone keeps going really quiet

I've had a problem for a few months now, where my microphone 'randomly' becomes really quiet for a reason i don't know. I first noticed the problem in discord, but its also been occurring with other applications so its not a Discord problem. it goes quiet
    for a random amount of time, before reverting back 2 normal, only for a few seconds, which makes it almost impossible to talk to people with.

I've tried a few things. Such as:

• Updating audio drivers from device manager.
    • Turned off all of the 'Exclusive Mode' options
    • boosting my microphone to try and counteract going quiet (didn't help)
    • buying a brand new headset. (The ARCTIS 3 - Arctis 3 Gaming Headset)
    if anyone can help, it would be very appreciated as its been bugging me for a while now. Thanks

(also, i'm using windows 10)

jack o'shaughnessy, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB

1. Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB - Similar Threads - Microphone earphones really

2. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  3. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  4. Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%: I recently got a new pc and when I tried to set my mic up I noticed I sounded really quite. When I went to boost to I set it all the way up to 100% and even then when I tested it it was still said only 0%-2% of total volume. I've checked and confirmed it's not my microphone...
  5. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  6. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  7. microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.: i have a line in mic that is just too quiet even when i set the volume boost to max. is there any software, things i can use to make it louder?...
  8. Audio being really quiet even at max volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio being really quiet even at max volume: My audio, even what at max, being really quiet for some reason. I know its not my speakers because if i mute and unmute it goes back to normal for a few seconds. Ive reinstalled my drivers multiple times with so change, its really annoying and i dont know how to fix it....
  9. My microphone is really quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone is really quiet: HELP NEEDED I got a new mic and it was working fine until recently, i got a new mic because of this problem, but it has come back. recently my microphone went really quiet, people can still hear me but i'm having to put my mic virtually in my mouth whilst shouting for them...
  10. Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume: Please help, this is getting really frustrating and I think it's getting worse because now I can barely hear despite having my volume all the way up to 100%. I have a windows 10 laptop on Samsung computer, I am using razer kraken headset (Realtek(R) audio) and that's all I...