Windows 10: Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

Discus and support Microphone gain keep adjusting itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! So, it looks like i can't fix my microphone gain fixing itself on windows 10. I disabled apps to have control of every input i have but everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skapi8Drums, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

Hey! So, it looks like i can't fix my microphone gain fixing itself on windows 10.
    I disabled apps to have control of every input i have but everytime i set it to, let's say, 69 it goes back to 100 or so in a bunch of seconds.
    The only apps i'm running in the background are the logitech g hub, which has no option in it to take automatic control of that, dropbox and nvidia control (not geforce experience). I disabled cortana and i'm running out of ideas.

Help? I'm going crazy

submitted by /u/Skapi8Drums
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skapi8Drums, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Speech recognition stops working/ switches from entering directly into the text to entering into a pop up box

Hi Randa,

Thank you for your response.

Any chance your PC updated the system recently? Also, if Cortana is having difficulty hearing what you say, then we suggest doing the following the steps below. The steps are to manually adjust the gain for the voice recognition.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.

• Select "Recording Devices".

• Select your main input microphone.

• Speak into the microphone

• Note the sound level meter. You want the level meter to peak every so often at the top of the bar but still show good bounce during your spoken text.

• Ensure the microphone input is still selected and click properties.

• Click the Levels tab.

• If you have a microphone boost set it in the middle.

• Now adjust the microphone gain by moving the slider.

• Click “Apply” and verify that the level meter is responding as described in step 5.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Problem with microphone adjust.

When iam using microphone and speaking the volume of the microphone being lower.
    1.I've removed auto-adjust from skype.
    2.I have the latest version of realtek audio.
    3.I have the latest driver version of my microphone.
    4.Selected "Do nothing" at "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound".
    5.And also this

Microphone gain keep adjusting itself [​IMG]
    still auto adjusting the microphone and no one can hear me good.
    How can i unadjust the microphone?

ExtendLord, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

Windows10 microphone level adjustment

When connecting a USB device with a microphone, Windows10 let's me adjust the level of this microphone via a slider with values from 0 to 100. What do these values correspond to in actual gain/amplification? Where on the slider is the 0 dB gain point,
    where Windows will not alter the digital level/amplitude of the audio signal coming from the USB audio device? In my case it seems level 100 is actually amplifying the digital level of the audio coming from my USB device.

Gisle Langen Enstad, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

1. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself - Similar Threads - Microphone gain keep

2. Audio keeps randomly adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio keeps randomly adjusting itself: As the title suggest I've got audio issues. it started about a week ago and seemingly randomly intervals my audio will cut down to what sounds like 5% volume but when I check all my lvl's they're untouched. I've tested my headset on other ports and the issue still persists....
  3. Feature to prevent auto microphone gain adjustment.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature to prevent auto microphone gain adjustment.: I want Windows to prevent other applications from effing with my microphone's gain.Full stop. That's it. I want Windows to do this. There are a bazillion applications that use the mic and they are all effing with it.Don't come here and talk about using Skype to disable it. I...
  4. Microphone volume adjusts by itself

Microphone volume adjusts by itself: I've got W10 recently updated. When speaking using either of two USB mics one on a gamer headset, the other MS camera the volume adjusts itself. At first it looked like it just increased and almost maxed out but then I saw that it would go down by itself when I spoke louder....
  5. Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.: Hello! I need help, i have searched far and wide across the sea known as the internet but i still haven't found a solution to my problem. I have disabled "allow applications to take exclusive control of my mic", updated my drivers, have reset to the old version of windows 10...
  6. Microphone Keeps Adjusting Automatically

Microphone Keeps Adjusting Automatically: I have tried to stop the microphone from adjusting automatically to no avail; I disabled the option that allows applications to take control of the device, and did the troubleshooting with no results. Are there any other methods that could easily fix my problem?...
  7. Microphone level adjusts by itself

Microphone level adjusts by itself: Do I have a blue yeti blackout microphone and for some reason the microphone level in the windows settings changes every now and then. It changes from 100 to 47 or 88 or 94. I've searched it up online but nothing is working for me. Any help? submitted by /u/Hiker2485Sh...
  8. Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing...

Windows 10 - Surround Sound keeps deactivating itself and Microphone Gain keeps increasing...: I recently reinstalled Windows, but I had those problems before aswell. I bought Dolby Atmos for headphones, so I have simulated surround when gaming, but it keeps deactivating, every time I start the PC I have to start Atmos again. Also the gain of my Microphone keeps...
  9. Microphone adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone adjusting itself: Hey guys, I have a trouble. My mmicrphone is lowering itself and I can't do nothing to help it. I've tried the communications tab, unmark the "Allow apps to ..." Nothing works. The only solution is RR the pc and seems i'm a streamer it's unacceptable. Can anyone help?...
  10. Steam Games auto adjusting microphone gain

Steam Games auto adjusting microphone gain: I use a Rode USB mic and in some games windows will automatically adjust the gain to 100% when launching, i have looked everywhere for an answer on how to stop this but nothing ever works. i never had this happen on Win 7 so i’m assuming its a win 10 issue Is there a way i...