Windows 10: Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume

Discus and support Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a keyboard with buttons for volume and every time I use volume up or volume down my microphone gets muted, when microphone is muted I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rachierudragos, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume

Hello,

I have a keyboard with buttons for volume and every time I use volume up or volume down my microphone gets muted, when microphone is muted I can't unmute in google meet, I have to go to Sound settings -> Recording -> Microphone -> Levels and unmute it there.

submitted by /u/rachierudragos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rachierudragos, Aug 26, 2020
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi,

For some time I try to find out why the internal microphone of my Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop running Windows 10 is muted from time to time.

It seems that muting of the mic is synchronized with appearance one or more "Windows Explorer Application"columns in the Volume Mixer - Speakers(Realtek High Definition Audio) indicating muted speaker.

What are the reasons behind such behavior of the mic and what sequence of steps needs to be executed in order to return to proper, uninterrupted operation of the mic?

Thanks,

Jozef

jozefjablonski, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Louie Del Win User

Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume

Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume

1. Microphone gets muted every time I change the output volume - Similar Threads - Microphone gets muted

2. Windows keeps automatically muting my microphone every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps automatically muting my microphone every time I turn it on: This screen always shows that its muted whenever I turn on my headset. I don't always use it, I switch between it and my monitor by just clicking the sound options in the tray. This only started occurring about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows keeps automatically muting my microphone every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps automatically muting my microphone every time I turn it on: This screen always shows that its muted whenever I turn on my headset. I don't always use it, I switch between it and my monitor by just clicking the sound options in the tray. This only started occurring about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?...
  4. Windows keeps automatically muting my microphone every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Output audio device keeps getting "muted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output audio device keeps getting "muted": Issue: Whenever I plug in my earphones, my laptop does not immediately recognize it and instead continues playing audio through its built-in speakers.My workaround so far has been to run the troubleshooter and it'll work after it "unmutes" the device. I don't quite understand...
  6. unknown timed volume mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unknown timed volume mute: So whenever I leave my PC ON but untouched and nothing play's on it after some time when I come back to it and play something there is no sound and it also shows that audio is on en there's like for example 23volume.To make it actually play sound i have to turn my volume...
  7. How to change volume output?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change volume output?: So I just installed a box and tried to switch audio. Now whenever I open spotify I hear it through the box, but all the other sound still comes out of my pc. I tried clicking on the volume button and changing it but it doesn't let me play netflix on the box. Any ideas?...
  8. Muted Microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Muted Microphone: My microphone is muted and I do not know how to unmute it. All of my drivers are updated, all of my security permissions are set that it can be accessed and my microphone is active. When I run Troubleshooter, it says my microphone is muted, but doesn't provide a reason...
  9. Volume gets muted on below 12

Volume gets muted on below 12: Hi My volume gets muted below volume 12. I have Soundblaster X7. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Wiennn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwmsby/volume_gets_muted_on_below_12/
  10. sound mute when I try to change volume

sound mute when I try to change volume: If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot. My System: Windows 10 1903 (this issue was ocurring before the update) MoBo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 (AM3R2) Audio (Nvidia came with their own audio...