Windows 10: Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

Discus and support Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know if this is a Microsoft problem but I figured really smart people could help. Problem I am having. I have Discord Open as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathenRegional, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

I don't know if this is a Microsoft problem but I figured really smart people could help.
    Problem I am having.

I have Discord Open as [Administrator] and able to talk normally and my friends are able to fully hear me, as soon as I open Rainbow Six Siege my Microphone will turn super quiet and they are barley able to hear me. I am able to use Team Speak and talk fine but Rainbow Six will still have the same Muffled Microphone sound.

Things I have tried and failed to resolve it.
    - Run Discord as Admin/Non-Admin
    - Run Uplay as Admin/Non-Admin
    - Uninstalled and Re-installed Sound/Play back drivers from Device Manager.
    - Messed with the Sound Control Panel for the Microphone
    - Messed with Steams Voice settings
    - Plugged the Microphone in the Front/Back microphone port.
    - Graphics Card update
    - Windows Update

It worked fine and perfect until I moved into a new house with a new internet provider.

:)

NathenRegional, Dec 22, 2020

2. Microphone keeps going really quiet

I've had a problem for a few months now, where my microphone 'randomly' becomes really quiet for a reason i don't know. I first noticed the problem in discord, but its also been occurring with other applications so its not a Discord problem. it goes quiet
    for a random amount of time, before reverting back 2 normal, only for a few seconds, which makes it almost impossible to talk to people with.

I've tried a few things. Such as:

• Updating audio drivers from device manager.
    • Turned off all of the 'Exclusive Mode' options
    • boosting my microphone to try and counteract going quiet (didn't help)
    • buying a brand new headset. (The ARCTIS 3 - Arctis 3 Gaming Headset)
    if anyone can help, it would be very appreciated as its been bugging me for a while now. Thanks

(also, i'm using windows 10)

jack o'shaughnessy, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Microphone super quiet

So Ive tried everything from reinstalling the driver to searching google people seem to not have this issue atleast not the same as me.

My microphone is on a headset but i plugged the headset into the headset slot the computer never understood that it was a Headset/Microphone so i plugged the headset into the Microphone slot and got another headset and plugged it into the headset slot after
    that didnt fix the issue i gave up and ended up moving the Mic/Headset into the pink jack in the back of my computer and left the other headset in the headset slot but my issue is no matter what i do my microphone is super quiet and when i boost it. It becomes
    a car horn up to your ear that sounds like its in a tunnel how do i fix this or am i in a Pickle??? and what i mean is it boosts my voice but it becomes super loud and at the same time i sound like im in a tunnel

hihi1111111, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

I'm trying to record myself playing a game, but my voice is just way too quiet for some reason. When the game's audio isn't recording, my voice can be heard, but when the game is recorded, my mic gets way quieter and straight-up inaudible at some points.
    I have the microphone volume in Game DVR set to 100 and the game to 10, mic is still super quiet. I've boosted my microphone all the way up in the control panel to no avail. This is so strange and so infuriating! Can you guys offer any help or advice?

kirby gamez, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord.

1. Microphone goes super quiet when playing games and using discord. - Similar Threads - Microphone goes super

2. why is my mic super quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my mic super quiet: if im trying to play a game with a freind or something and im trying to talk my mic is extremely quiet to the point where i have to yell for any noise to come through the other end i have maxed every input volume setting i can but it doesnt change anything...
  3. Microphone Quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Quiet: So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though there's no other mic it could be using. In this menu, I notice that my computer is picking up my mic, but it's just so quiet that...
  4. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: Basically I have my mic set up properly but I am not able to access it on any desktop apps outside of Microsoft owned ones. Please help, as this only affects my current computer and not others with the same exact settings....
  5. Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord, Steam, Games, etc. Unable to use microphone: I have gone through all of the regular steps and have my microphone set up on my new laptop and have turned on access to apps. However, after going through all of this microsoft has blocked microphone access to discord or any other games. The link that I have been given is...
  6. When microphone in use, everything goes silent except program using microphone

When microphone in use, everything goes silent except program using microphone: whenever a microphone is in use on my computer, everything goes silent except for whichever program is using the microphone. Discovered this when in a discord call i could hear nothing except others who were speaking in the same call as me. When in call, the test audio button...
  7. Mic super quiet when plugged into the 3.5mm

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic super quiet when plugged into the 3.5mm: Honestly Its a brand new system and no clue whats wrong with it submitted by /u/EatMyKidneysPlease [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4a980/mic_super_quiet_when_plugged_into_the_35mm/
  8. Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason: Discord is appearing in the "Some desktop apps might not appear in following list or are not affected by this setting" section under Privacy > Microphone, as well as many other applications like Steam and several Steam games. It gives no explanation whatsoever and the article...
  9. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.: My microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. I can fix this problem by turning my microphone levels all the way up. But then my microphone sounds distorted. Anyway to fix this without making my mic sound distorted? My microphone is an Excelvan BM-800 being plugged into an...
  10. Sound goes dead when playing games

Sound goes dead when playing games: Hey all, I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry if my post doesn't have the correct format. Now for the problem, I have Realtek HD Audio for my sound, but since a few windows 10 updates ago, my sound goes dead when playing games (League of legends, WoW aswell). I updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discord voice 8n game quiet