Windows 10: microphone has no output

Discus and support microphone has no output in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my mic has not been outputting anything for the past few days and it becoming a pain. before you spit generic garbage at me my problem is something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/groupautogenics, Oct 14, 2020.

1. microphone has no output

my mic has not been outputting anything for the past few days and it becoming a pain. before you spit generic garbage at me my problem is something more in depth then just disabled permission all I know is the mic is plugged in I have verified it works using my phone when plugged in my computer recognizes the device I got sound but I cant get any output and I know my jack is singular because there's only one jack on the front plus I have had it work before. so its not hardware it must be the software yet it wont pick up a thing help.

submitted by /u/groupautogenics
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/groupautogenics, Oct 14, 2020

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 14, 2020
  3. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

microphone has no output

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

microphone has no output

1. microphone has no output - Similar Threads - microphone has output

2. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  3. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  4. Microphone shows up as Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  5. Microphone shows up as Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  6. No microphone output Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No microphone output Windows 10: Hi, Recently, both my headset mic and in-built mic have stopped working. I don't remember doing a major windows update but now no sound is outputted by these devices. There are no driver updates available and I have given all permissions and access to apps. If I plug in a...
  7. Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker

Microphone output is connected to the output of my speaker: I have been using my computer for almost a year now, just a few days ago I wanted to use my mic in a recording but it didn't work, shortly after I played some audio through my speakers and noticed that my mic is playing it back, I checked the headset and used it in another...
  8. W10 upgrade has borked microphone output.

W10 upgrade has borked microphone output.: I've opened every privacy button for mic and camera. Two different headsets are the same. My arctis 5 and logitec sets receive sound but have no mic output at all, in the sound settings or other software tests [Discord, Teamspeak]. I have the set as default and I have green...
  9. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...
  10. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...