Windows 10: Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

Discus and support Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mystoganpc, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't exclusive to discord either, if I go to the recording and playback window and click on listen to this device it just outputs static. I know it's not the microphone itself because I have tested the microphone on another system and it works fine there so I'm thinking it's a software problem.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device, and audio drivers, disabling and reenabling them, checking for windows updates, restarting multiple times, I've gone to the BIOS and loaded optimal defaults, I've done sfc /scannow in an elevated command window but nothing has worked. When I go to the properties tab of the device that's not working it says under the status that the device is working properly, but if I go to the events tab it says that the device is not migrated and the information given is:

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.1.00000000}.{d501ff6f-2b12-4164-8c94-bd28e46735bc} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{16CE3991-EA77-4035-9217-4F74B2ACF2C3}
    Class Guid: {c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
    Present: true

I'm not entirely sure if the device not migrated is the cause but only my audio inputs and outputs have this event under them, everything else works fine.

:)

mystoganpc, Jun 16, 2020

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Scotsburn Win User
    Microphone suddenly stopped working

There are no updates there from two days ago because of the system restore I preformed. Today when I turned my computer on the microphone was still not working, and then I downloaded a windows update (KB4340917) and it changed nothing with the mic. Other
    than that update today, the only other updates listed are ones from two weeks ago and older. Would the system restore not fixed the issue if this were the problem? I can undo the restore I believe, if that can help.

Scotsburn, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Scotsburn Win User

Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

Microphone suddenly stopped working

Hello,

My headset microphone suddenly stopped working two days ago and I have tried so many things to fix this problem and nothing has worked so far. The microphone is working fine as I have tried it on another computer and it worked perfectly. The issue seems
    to be driver related as no matter what I do, whenever I plug the microphone in the driver still says "device not migrated" and it says its due to partial or ambiguous matches.

I uninstalled audio drivers and installed new ones (several versions of realtek drivers and the high definition audio driver), I downloaded all available windows updates, I reset the bios, I used system restore to go back to last week when my mic was working
    fine, ran sfc /scannow, and nothing has solved the problem. In the control panel sound options, it reads that a microphone is plugged in but my voice is not picked up by it.

The strangest part is that the computer sometimes reads the microphone input as the output from my computer but at a very low volume. I was trying to fix my mic and while in discord a friend of mine heard a video I was listening to but at an extremely low
    volume.

The headset has two 3.5mm jack plugs. I do not have a USB mic to test at the moment but am going to try and get one to see if that helps the issue. Could this be caused by a hardware issue? Is there any fix that I can still do, or is resetting windows the
    only other option that I have?

Thanks for any help

Scotsburn, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

1. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago - Similar Threads - Microphone has suddenly

2. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  3. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  4. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  6. Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.: I am not exactly sure when this started but I can no longer see computers and printers on my network. I think it started a day or two ago. I noticed it yesterday when I tried to print something and I got the message that the printer was offline. I then checked my network and...
  7. Microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone suddenly stopped working: All of a sudden my microphone stopped working, it wasnt just my headset, none of my mics were working. I eventually plugged my controller in and my headset into the controller headphone jack and that was working. However, soon enough it stopped working as well. Pls help im on...
  8. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello guys, I have a headset that I am using for a long time in both Win10 and Android. As regular, when I plug the headset today i realized mic isn't working. I tried mic in my phone. It is working normally. I controlled all the settings I know. It seems that while I was...
  9. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello, My headset microphone suddenly stopped working two days ago and I have tried so many things to fix this problem and nothing has worked so far. The microphone is working fine as I have tried it on another computer and it worked perfectly. The issue seems to be driver...
  10. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.: Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No...