Windows 10: Microphone headphone confusion

Discus and support Microphone headphone confusion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I dont know why but when I connect my headphones in the jack my pc thinks is a micrphone, I have tried to update drivers unnistall and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DiegoGonzález8, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Microphone headphone confusion

Hi, I dont know why but when I connect my headphones in the jack my pc thinks is a micrphone, I have tried to update drivers unnistall and install again but they are always recognize as microphone, I would appreciate some help.

:)

DiegoGonzález8, Mar 17, 2020
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Microphone headphone confusion [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Mar 17, 2020
  4. AliseReid Win User

Microphone headphone confusion

Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Microphone headphone confusion

1. Microphone headphone confusion - Similar Threads - Microphone headphone confusion

2. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  3. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones as microphones: My headphones are recognised microphones after replugging. I accidentally clicked microphones on this popup and pressed "do not show dialog again" , what is this popup and how do i get it back?...
  4. Headphones as microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  6. headphone is display as microphone

headphone is display as microphone: so I recently try using a headset with my laptop but the laptop shows that the headset is a microphone and there's no sound being inputted into the headset. i here to ask how do you fix this problem....
  7. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....
  8. Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone: Hello! So... I have an interesting issue. [ATTACH] This is, how the Recording tab on the Sound options on my PC. The Microphone device is the microphone, that is on my headset, which I use for communication purposes. The Line In device is connected to the output of my...
  9. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. confusion microphone ou skype