Windows 10: Microphone in use by another website

Discus and support Microphone in use by another website in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; "Microphone in use by another website" Keep getting this error when trying to use mic. No other websites or browsers open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErinC111, Aug 2, 2020.

1. ErinC111 Win User

Microphone in use by another website

"Microphone in use by another website"

Keep getting this error when trying to use mic. No other websites or browsers open.

:)

ErinC111, Aug 2, 2020

2. Unable to use microphones

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the recording. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

This might be due to some incorrect audio settings or it might be due to the outdated audio HD drivers. Let’s try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    Step 2: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

a) Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

b) Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

c) Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.

Now, check the issue. If it is already enabled, then try the next method and check the issue.

Method 2: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Recording Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If this does not help, then let’s try updating the sound card drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 3: Update the Sound Card Drivers.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 audio drivers available for the sound card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Microphone

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to use the Microphone of the Headset to talk to people. It would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to use the Microphone?
    • What is the make and model of the headphone?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

However, let me help you with the steps to setup the Microphone. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

You can also try making the Microphone as the default device. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Now, click on Recordings tab.
    4. Now, right click on the Microphone and select
      Set as Default device. Do the same in Playback and
      Recording tab.
    5. Click on OK, and check if the Microphone is working.

For additional information, see
    Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone in use by another website - Similar Threads - Microphone another website

2. My system is showing microphone unavailable or in use on another app whenever I try to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system is showing microphone unavailable or in use on another app whenever I try to use...: Whenever I am connecting my wired earphones and trying to join either a meet or a call, the system is showing that microphone unavailable or in use on another app. I checked in settings and no other app than what I am using would be using it.Also, the earphones are working...
  3. My system is showing microphone unavailable or in use on another app whenever I try to use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My system is showing microphone unavailable or in use on another app whenever I try to use...: Whenever I am connecting my wired earphones and trying to join either a meet or a call, the system is showing that microphone unavailable or in use on another app. I checked in settings and no other app than what I am using would be using it.Also, the earphones are working...
  4. Whatsapp- Your microphone is unavailable or in-use on another app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whatsapp- Your microphone is unavailable or in-use on another app: Mic is not working on WhatsApp video calls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-your-microphone-is-unavailable-or-in-use/8f16bac6-58c9-4b5b-ab60-a29528c78642
  5. Whatsapp- Your microphone is unavailable or in-use on another app

Whatsapp- Your microphone is unavailable or in-use on another app: Mic is not working on WhatsApp video calls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-your-microphone-is-unavailable-or-in-use/8f16bac6-58c9-4b5b-ab60-a29528c78642
  6. My camera and microphone are in use by another program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My camera and microphone are in use by another program?: The what? No they’re not! Tried using zoom today and got this message regardless of the browser. How do I discern what is using them? Please let me know what additional information is required to help. Thanks gals ‘n’ guys submitted by /u/Johnnymi25 [link] [comments]...
  7. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  8. Unable to use Microphone

Unable to use Microphone: Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked So I need Your Help to fix this problem This is the...
  9. Is this W10 website useful?

Is this W10 website useful?: Just curious... A old friend sent it to me: WinTools.Info - Usable Windows Tools *Rolleyes 148330
  10. Unable to use Microphone

Unable to use Microphone: Hello, I have had this microphone/headset combination for 2 months now and all of a sudden my computer wont recognize me speaking into the mic. I've tried to unplug it and use the regular computer microphone and it doesn't seem to pick up that anything is talking. The...