Windows 10: Microphone input endlessly repeats itself

Discus and support Microphone input endlessly repeats itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently switched from a USB gaming headset to a V-MODA BoomPro microphone, which uses a 3.5mm jack. When using VoIP, I've noticed that everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dissonants, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Microphone input endlessly repeats itself

I recently switched from a USB gaming headset to a V-MODA BoomPro microphone, which uses a 3.5mm jack. When using VoIP, I've noticed that everything that's input via the mic will endlessly repeat over itself - for instance, if I say one "Hello" into the mic, it'll constantly repeat that single word until there's dozens of instances of it playing over itself. It doesn't stop unless I mute/turn off the mic. However, if I record my voice and play it back (e.g. using the native Voice Recorder app), everything is completely fine.

I'm using a VIA HD Audio driver and had no problems at all with my old USB microphone. I haven't changed any speaker or mic settings since switching devices, and I've tried looking for and installing different drivers (including VIA HD Audio, VIA HD Audio (Win 10), High Definition Audio, etc.) to no avail. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using a pair of Phillips SHP9500s in conjunction with the BoomPro, and the headphones are working perfectly - it's just the microphone input that has me stumped and quite frustrated, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any advice/tips on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

Dissonants, Jun 25, 2016

2. something happened and we could not install a feature

I have the same problem, as described. The cycle of "Windows is installing a new feature" and "Something happened and we weren't able to install a feature" keeps repeating itself endlessly.

Petar Lambrev, Jun 25, 2016
  3. NFTS_SYSTEM_ERROR followed by a reboot and FAT_SYSTEM_ERROR eendlessly.

NFTS_FILE-SYSTEM error followed by an attempted Windows 10 self fix and reboot and then FAT_FILE_SYSTEM error, endlessly repeating.

Tried holding down F8 but no response nor can I boot from the DVD drive. All input

devices are nul.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

John Ibella, Jun 25, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Microphone input endlessly repeats itself

A shot in the dark but this could explain your issue.

It is possible with all audio recording devices to record also the audio signal coming from selected speakers. This is called Listening. This is a practical feature when you want to for instance record a VoIP / Skype call, record a video with system sounds and so on.

When a recording device like for instance microphone is set to listen speakers, it causes audio feedback.

When listening is enabled, Windows Volume Mixer shows the recording device. You need to mute the microphone as shown in this screenshot:

Microphone input endlessly repeats itself [​IMG]

Muting a listening microphone in Volume Mixer does not mute the microphone itself, it just mutes the looping feedback audio. You can still use the microphone normally.

If you do no longer want the microphone to listen speakers, right click your default microphone in Sound Properties / Recording devices, select Listen tab and disable listening:

This might not be the reason for your issue but is definitely worth checking.

5. Thanks for the reply Kari.

This unfortunately didn't solve my issue, as the "Listen to this device" option was already unchecked. I did turn on listening just to see what would happen, and my mic instantly started picking up (and outputting) noise that repeated over itself, even though I'm in a very quiet room. I believe this is an issue with my sound card/audio driver, as I had to install a different driver to even get my new headphones working after switching from the USB headset, and I've had some problems configuring audio devices in the past as well.

Edit: I've just noticed something interesting - I have the Recording devices window open, and I'm watching a video on YouTube, and the window is showing the microphone output as the audio that I'm hearing:

While at the same time, my speakers are also showing output, but at a much lower level than the mic:

When I listen to music in iTunes, neither the mic nor the speakers show any output at all. This is with listening turned off, and all enhancements disabled.

Dissonants, Jun 26, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    Could the issue be your microphone being "too good", too sensitive and therefore picking up the sound from speakers? Do the YouTube test again, this time checking the recording levels first in microphone properties. Be sure that boost is off (0 dB) and lower the recording level.

7. That's also not it, as the boost is already set to 0. At this point I'm almost resigned to the fact that it's a driver/sound card issue - on a couple of occasions since getting the new headphones, my computer has randomly & suddenly cut off all sound despite me listening to/watching something, and has forced me to reinstall the driver and reboot to get it working again.

Thanks, though. I appreciate your help regardless.

Dissonants, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Microphone input endlessly repeats itself

1. Microphone input endlessly repeats itself - Similar Threads - Microphone input endlessly

2. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  3. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  4. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input: I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS....
  6. Microphone Input

Microphone Input: So after I did a factory reset on my laptop my mic stopped working on my headset Astro A 40 and has been picking up my voice from the camera on my camera. I have been messing around setting everything I could to my headsets mic but it just isn't working, I even reinstalled...
  7. Microphone adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone adjusting itself: Hey guys, I have a trouble. My mmicrphone is lowering itself and I can't do nothing to help it. I've tried the communications tab, unmark the "Allow apps to ..." Nothing works. The only solution is RR the pc and seems i'm a streamer it's unacceptable. Can anyone help?...
  8. Repeated Network Credentials Input

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Repeated Network Credentials Input: Hi All, I keep getting the pop up to key in my network credentials to a NAS even though they are saved in the credentials manager. Happens when i reboot, after a while it goes back to normal. What could be the issue? Windows 10 version is 1903....
  9. Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365: Hi All, I have installed current Windows 1809 with an MS Account and PIN for identification. Using the same account I connect to onedrive. Having one Excel sheet on onedrive pinned to the Excel icon. Worked well, but this spring I got several warnings: MS-Outlook 365...
  10. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...