Windows 10: Microphone Input Extremely Low

Discus and support Microphone Input Extremely Low in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After who knows how long of being told my microphone was quiet from others, I thought maybe it was time to replace my 3+? year old headset. I ordered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AustinAtlantis, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Microphone Input Extremely Low

After who knows how long of being told my microphone was quiet from others, I thought maybe it was time to replace my 3+? year old headset. I ordered a new headset, plugged it in, and excitedly jumped on a call with my friends- only to be told nothing was different and I was still quiet. I checked Settings > System > Sound > Input > Device properties and found that the highest my volume went to when testing the input was 28%, and that was an outlier. Usually I only get to about 15% if I'm lucky.

• It's connected properly via USB.
    • The output works fine.
    • The troubleshooter says the device is working properly.
    • This problem has persisted across 3 devices with two different headsets, old and new. The only common denominator is Windows.
    • All the drivers are updated.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so, SO BEYOND frustrated with Windows.

:)

AustinAtlantis, Oct 24, 2020
  2. NoahYusko Win User

Microphone input extremely low after windows 10

So i just upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 and loved it but i noticed after getting in a skype call with a friend that my mic volume was extremely low, so i check the sound properties and the sound bar showed that the audio input was barely registering,
    i gave the microphone full volume and boost, did nothing, updated to latest realtek drivers, did nothing, tried my mic on my laptop with windows 7, worked perfectly. Tried many more "solutions" found online and nothing has solved this issue, i have a youtube
    channel and my microphone a necessity. As far as i can tell this is an issue with windows 10 i never have previously had this issue before on amy version of windows. Any suggestions? My mic is not a usb mic it plugs through the aux jack dedicated for the
    mic.

NoahYusko, Oct 24, 2020
  3. CM_on_win Win User
    Extremely low microphone volume after upgrade

After updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (kinda prefer 7 to be honest, but still getting used to 10), I've discovered that the input volume on my microphone - a generic old style (though not immensely old) stalk mic - is extremely low, low enough that
    software just considers it noise. I have updated my Realtek audio drivers to no effect. Driver volume and boost set to maximum. Any idea what I can do about this?

CM_on_win, Oct 24, 2020
  4. CM_on_win Win User

Microphone Input Extremely Low

Extremely low microphone volume after upgrade

I tried that a couple days ago, but I just tried again now to no effect. The compatible drivers are "audio endpoint" and "generic software device", both of which result in extremely low input volume.

CM_on_win, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Input Extremely Low

1. Microphone Input Extremely Low - Similar Threads - Microphone Input Extremely

2. Microphone array is extremely low.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array is extremely low.: I recently downloaded Windows 11 expecting to be improvements, but instead the microphone array stopped working. The volume of it is at 100%, it claims to be fully working, but when I test it and use it on another application, the amount of volume I can reach no matter how...
  3. Microphone array is extremely low.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array is extremely low.: I recently downloaded Windows 11 expecting to be improvements, but instead the microphone array stopped working. The volume of it is at 100%, it claims to be fully working, but when I test it and use it on another application, the amount of volume I can reach no matter how...
  4. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  5. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  6. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Microphone Input Still Extremely Low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Input Still Extremely Low: I posted this question before, but the thread was locked by the time I was able to address the reply. However, that reply didn't have a fix that worked for me, so I am posting again. Late 2020, I replaced my 3+ year headset after being told multiple times over a long period...
  8. extremely low microphone level please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    extremely low microphone level please help: i had this problem with having low microphone levels ever since i got my pc. people in-game, discord, etc. can't hear me because my mic is extremely low. i tried everything from going into my advanced sounds settings, then to "recording", then go to levels for the microphone...
  9. Low microphone input volume

Low microphone input volume: Hello I bought a new RØDE VideoMicro microphone and it have very low input volume. I would like to ask if is there some solution to fix this without Boosting microphone because it decrease sound quality a lot and there is a lot effervesence. I tried use another port in my...
  10. Microphone input level very low

Microphone input level very low: My W10 PC is bang up to date, all updates installed. I decided to set up a mic for Zoom/Skype, but... I followed a very long post now locked on the subject of low input levels for microphones in Windows 10. Most helpful was the final post which suggested changing the...