Windows 10: Microphone input not found

Discus and support Microphone input not found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My name is Dan and i have a microphone problem on my Dell xps 9570. running Windows 10 My microphone setting is turned On , - i installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaniDrinc, Apr 27, 2020.

1. DaniDrinc Win User

Microphone input not found

Hello,

My name is Dan and i have a microphone problem on my Dell xps 9570. running Windows 10

My microphone setting is turned On ,

- i installed all the audio drivers necessary,

- the setting to allow apps to use my microphone is On,

- I updated the sound drivers in device manager

- i try to set up Cortana but she cant hear me because of the microphone

- i troubleshoot this problem but the windows cant find the microphone input

- i try using some headphones which have a built in mic but the windows still is showing no microphone input.

- Windows is up to date

I double checked on the internet and my laptop has a build in microphone but the system does not recognize it.

Here is a screenshot of what the problem is...

Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix this?

Thank you

Microphone input not found 1f69fbe0-44fc-4bab-b418-d5f80dd9e0be?upload=true.jpg

:)

DaniDrinc, Apr 27, 2020
  2. zvainzHD Win User

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the problematic Acer laptop?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

If the mic input on the PC is mono, plugging it into the
    Line In input of the sound card and selecting Line In as the
    Default Device, should resolve the issue.

Note: Make sure the Line In device is not muted in
    Levels.

If it is distortion, lowering the microphone level and raising the master volume of the computer will fix the issue.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Fix microphone problems and check if it works.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS, as this could also happen due to outdated BIOS. I recommend you to get in touch with the Acer support and get the latest version of BIOS installed.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone input not found - Similar Threads - Microphone input found

2. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  3. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  4. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input: I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS....
  6. No Audio INPUT found

No Audio INPUT found: After I installed VR, my pc no longer detects the microphone from my headphones. I have done a full system restore, reinstalled every driver imaginable and still nothing. I've tried multiple types of earphones and headphones but none seem to work. there's no visible damage...
  7. No input Devices Found.

No input Devices Found.: Hey! So I got this new monitor today The Lenovo Q27q-10 and I plugged my headset Razer D. Va Meka Headset into the back of it and then went to go play with my friends. My mic didn't work. I went to go look at the setting and it said no input devices found? None of the forums...
  8. Microphone Input

Microphone Input: So after I did a factory reset on my laptop my mic stopped working on my headset Astro A 40 and has been picking up my voice from the camera on my camera. I have been messing around setting everything I could to my headsets mic but it just isn't working, I even reinstalled...
  9. No input devices found

in Windows 10 Customization
    No input devices found: Audio input device not found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-input-devices-found/25f2e93b-614a-4cd1-9800-fcf77574be0d
  10. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...