Windows 10: microphone input not showing up

Discus and support microphone input not showing up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my headset microphone input option isint showing anyone know why? submitted by /u/something_awufull200 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/something_awufull200, Aug 1, 2020.

1. microphone input not showing up

/u/something_awufull200, Aug 1, 2020

2. Microphone not showing up

Hi,

Normally, the issue you're getting with the microphone not showing up is caused by compatibility issues or that there are drivers that are not up to date. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if your microphone was already enabled. To check this, follow
    the steps listed below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on an empty space inside the window and select, Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Right-click on Microphone and select Properties and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • Check if the other microphone that you are using is set as default.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Aug 1, 2020
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 1, 2020
  4. microphone input not showing up

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

microphone input not showing up

1. microphone input not showing up - Similar Threads - microphone input showing

2. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device: I've gone into Device Manager and my Realtek microphone is not showing up. The Output for my headphones work fine and show up in Device Manager. I've tried checking the Realtek Audio Console but, when I try to open it, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...
  3. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device: I've gone into Device Manager and my Realtek microphone is not showing up. The Output for my headphones work fine and show up in Device Manager. I've tried checking the Realtek Audio Console but, when I try to open it, it tells me "Realtek Audio Console doesn't support for...
  4. My microphone is not showing up as an Input Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices: I got my zealsound microphone about 3 months ago. Worked fine until a day or two ago, when it randomly disconnected. It no longer shows up on my input devices menu at all. Ive tried replugging in every part of the microphone, and it seems to have power as the light is on. I...
  6. microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices: I got my zealsound microphone about 3 months ago. Worked fine until a day or two ago, when it randomly disconnected. It no longer shows up on my input devices menu at all. Ive tried replugging in every part of the microphone, and it seems to have power as the light is on. I...
  7. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  8. Microphone array not showing up in input sound

in Cortana
    Microphone array not showing up in input sound: In sound settings at the input option it is not showing microphone array and the test for microphone which is below to input is not blinking ....how to set up microphone array at input option...
  9. Microphone not showing up under input devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not showing up under input devices.: Hey guys, I just got a new computer today, but I'm running into an issue. My microphone isn't picking up anything and when I went to check my sound settings, it wasn't even showing up at all under input devices. It's plugged in correctly and I never had any problems with it...
  10. USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone not showing up as an input in Windows settings: So I recently purchased the JV601 Gooseneck Mic off amazon to use on my PC. When I initially plugged it in, it gave me the standard "Setting up this device" notification that normally happens when you plug something in for the first time. Seems good right? So once its done...