Windows 10: Microphone input playing audio output

Discus and support Microphone input playing audio output in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lisjo25, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Lisjo25 Win User

Microphone input playing audio output

Windows 10

Lenovo IdeaPad 3

Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone

My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers on, my microphone is not picking up audio from another source, it is playing directly from the computer.

All microphones aside from the one I am using are disabled, I do not have the "listen to this device" box checked.

Stereo mix is disabled. I also tried enabling and muting it, that did not change anything.

When I disable all output apart from my headphones, nothing changes.

I have the newest driver installed, from January, that is also around the time that I acquired this laptop.

:)

Lisjo25, Apr 11, 2021

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Alex_1248 Win User
    How to I play my microphone output to microphone input?

I kind've meant like computer output, didn't really mean the microphone output. So if my computer is playing audio, I want that to go directly to my microphone input.

I already posted my specs and I don't really know what to do I guess. I hope I updated this question correctly

Alex_1248, Apr 11, 2021
  4. ChanceH Win User

Audio output leaking into microphone

I have a similar issue with my Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset and after doing some research, I can say one thing.

It's probably your headset(s).

With that said, I encourage you to watch this brief gif:
    Microphone input playing audio output [​IMG]

In it, I play some audio in the background through my aforementioned Turtle Beach headset. Note how the input sensitivity is up near the middle of the bar. Around halfway through, I unplug my headset's output (leaving the mic plugged in) and switch it for a different pair of headphones. Notice how Discord is no longer picking up erroneous input. I should note that the mic is muted on the headset through this entire video, so this output bleed has to be coming from inside the headset (or Discord, but I am not in a position to judge).

My suggestion, is to see if you can use a different pair of headphones for your audio output and either get a budget external microphone or use your existing headset as a microphone only. Doing the latter is easy if your headset has two 3.5mm jacks so you can plug in the microphone jack but not the listen/audio output jack.

If neither of those options are convenient you can try setting Discord's input sensitivity above the typical peak amount when you're listening to loud music in the background, so at least it won't trigger automatically on your music alone. You may also consider push-to-talk. Lastly, you could also turn down the background audio when chatting on Discord anyway, but I realize that isn't a solution.

Also, as some of the comments have pointed out, it's worth checking if you have everything in the correct jack and that everything is setup properly software-wise, including in Windows and for your audio driver.

If you need any clarification, let me know, but I hope this helps.

ChanceH, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone input playing audio output - Similar Threads - Microphone input playing

2. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  3. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  4. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  5. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  6. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  7. Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio: I've been having a problem where any audio played through my headset also gets output through my microphone. I've tried testing audio from multiple sources and outputting it to multiple sources, but the problem always persists. It looks like an issue with Windows...
  8. Audio Input And Output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Input And Output: Is there any way I can sent an audio device's output as an input. As in playing audio and it going through a mic/input. submitted by /u/Shreksc00ch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kijzcr/audio_input_and_output/
  9. Problem with output audio playing through microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with output audio playing through microphone: I have been having a really annoying issue where audio from my headphones plays through my microphone. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in the Device Managers window, but I have had no luck. Audio enhancements are all disabled, both the microphone and...
  10. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...