Windows 10: Microphone input problem

Discus and support Microphone input problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,There seems to be a problem with the microphone, I have been using the phone for quite some time but I have to make a presentation this timeThe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mspcphone, Aug 12, 2021.

1. mspcphone Win User

Microphone input problem

Hello,There seems to be a problem with the microphone, I have been using the phone for quite some time but I have to make a presentation this timeThe speaker output works perfectly fine.I have checked most of the trouble shooting info here but it doesn't seem to work. The realtek audio driver recent update was about a week ago. Is there anything else I need to do?

:)

mspcphone, Aug 12, 2021
  2. devilish Win User

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Hi

I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally.

At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live.

I know this is an input problem, but I don't know how to solve it! I had a similar issue on an old laptop I had with an external USB X-fi, but this one doesn't want to know at all. I think i've tried everything.

In "Recording" in the Sound options i've got:
    - Rode Podcaster (Microphone) (default communication device)
    - Microphone (Soundblaster Z)
    - Digital In
    - What you hear (default device).

Normally What you hear is what it should be, as everything will play through it. But now it doesn't. They will both play independent of one another when either the Mic, or What you Hear is selected as default, but not as one.

There is a cable connected between the microphone (headphone socket) and the Mic/Line in socket on the Soundblaster Z, as well as being plugged into the USB.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to get them working together again?

Thanks!

devilish, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Static microphone recoding doesn't accept any input - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the problematic Acer laptop?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to this issue?

If the mic input on the PC is mono, plugging it into the
    Line In input of the sound card and selecting Line In as the
    Default Device, should resolve the issue.

Note: Make sure the Line In device is not muted in
    Levels.

If it is distortion, lowering the microphone level and raising the master volume of the computer will fix the issue.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Fix microphone problems and check if it works.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS, as this could also happen due to outdated BIOS. I recommend you to get in touch with the Acer support and get the latest version of BIOS installed.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from
    the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 12, 2021
  4. zvainzHD Win User

Microphone input problem

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Microphone input problem

1. Microphone input problem - Similar Threads - Microphone input problem

2. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with microphone input: Recently, when i try to use my mic it's simply not working and the input volume always at 100 its not decrease or fluctuate , i wonder if there are sonthing happen with my laptop or just the system. https://ibb.co/Fsqhzg8 here's the image...
  3. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with microphone input: Recently, when i try to use my mic it's simply not working and the input volume always at 100 its not decrease or fluctuate , i wonder if there are sonthing happen with my laptop or just the system. https://ibb.co/Fsqhzg8 here's the image...
  4. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone input problem in chrome windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input problem in chrome windows: When I reseted my laptop, for some reason my inputs were still working on windows but when I tried to call on discord or chrome, my mic won’t catch my voice although I have them enabled and in the Correct input. And I have the properties allowed but it still not working. Not...
  6. Microphone input problem in chrome windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone input problem in chrome windows: When I reseted my laptop, for some reason my inputs were still working on windows but when I tried to call on discord or chrome, my mic won’t catch my voice although I have them enabled and in the Correct input. And I have the properties allowed but it still not working. Not...
  7. Microphone input problem in chrome windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone input problem in chrome windows: When I reseted my laptop, for some reason my inputs were still working on windows but when I tried to call on discord or chrome, my mic won’t catch my voice although I have them enabled and in the Correct input. And I have the properties allowed but it still not working. Is...
  8. No microphone input

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input: Hi Windows Experts,i have an issue on my microphone input i am using my headphonesony XB900N when i connecting it via wired mode there is no microphone input but there is audio output. i also tried audio card adapter but my issue still the same kindly see my settings below...
  9. Microphone audio input problem

Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  10. Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems: Hi I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally. At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live....