Windows 10: Microphone input stops randomly until application is stopped and restarted

Discus and support Microphone input stops randomly until application is stopped and restarted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, so this issue is driving me nuts. I have a headset with separate mic and headphone 3.5 jacks. Also have a USB driven behringer UM2 with a mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Krilith, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Krilith Win User

Microphone input stops randomly until application is stopped and restarted

Ok, so this issue is driving me nuts.

I have a headset with separate mic and headphone 3.5 jacks. Also have a USB driven behringer UM2 with a mic setup. Both experience the same problem. Stops working in Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, anything I use. The call must be ended and restarted after about 10 seconds to restart the mic or no sound is heard. Including launching the test mic inside any of the apps you are using. Shows 0 activity, until you restart the call.

Reinstalled the drivers, the apps, then windows itself. Freshly set up. Windows still has this problem. Try on my laptop, same problem. I assume this issue is a new setting somewhere in Window 10 I do not know about.

USB selective suspend is off, no exclusive control for apps. Troubleshooter says nothing wrong.

Any ideas?

:)

Krilith, Apr 26, 2020

2. Need help stopping microphone playback.

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 running Windows 10 and need a little help.
    The problem is when I use the external audio input (microphone jack) the audio constantly plays out the audio output (headphone jack). I have unchecked the "Listen To" box for this input and looked everywhere I can think of to stop this to no avail. In previous versions of Windows there was a registry entry I think called "Disable Microphone Playback" that could be changed to stop this but I can't find it in Windows 10. Could anyone please help?

Lubecktech, Apr 26, 2020
  3. AdamJinMD Win User
    Windows phone microphone stops working on 8.1

Hello,

I have an Ativ S Neo and after updateing to WP 8.1, the microphone will stop working randomly. I have to do a re-boot to let my phone hear me again. This affects calls, or apps that ask for voice input.

Has anyone else seen this?

AdamJinMD, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone input stops randomly until application is stopped and restarted - Similar Threads - Microphone input stops

2. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  3. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  4. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team! I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC. I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection (Wi-Fi works just fine). When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access"...
  6. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: Hello Team!I'm experiencing a really frustrating issue on my Windows 10 PC.I lose internet access randomly during the day on my wired connection Wi-Fi works just fine.When this happens, the internet icon in the lower right corner remains the same, shows "Internet Access" and...
  7. Microphone stops working randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone stops working randomly.: Hello, I have an Apollo Solo USB with a Sennheiser MKh-416 microphone. For some reason the Microphone works for couple minutes, and then suddenly stops working (also in the interface software). When I select one of my saved audio settings it works again for couple minutes,...
  8. Microphone input stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input stopped working: Hi, I was in a Discord call with a couple of my friends when suddenly my input stopped working. At first I thought it was a Discord issue, but I then find out all of windows doesn't hear my voice. [ATTACH] <--- I am yelling at the top of my lungs I already tried checking...
  9. Microphone Randomly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Randomly Stopped Working: My Blue Yeti microphone has worked for years. Now out of nowhere I can't get it to work on ANYTHING. I have tried every video and every single bit of forum advice as far as sound settings go. Please, I need help as I can't live stream without it. It's receiving power and...
  10. USB ports randomly stop working until I restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports randomly stop working until I restart: Hello, I don’t know if this is the right place to get this kind of help, but I didn't see any rules opposing it so figured I'd give it a shot. So, my USB ports all stop working at a random rate, forcing me to restart my laptop. I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware thing...