Windows 10: Microphone input

Discus and support Microphone input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasTullsen, May 9, 2021.

1. Microphone input

I can not turn on the external microphone input on my new ASUS running windows 10 64 bit. Realtek does not recognize that a microphone is present when I plug in the proper plug. Do I need to download a new driver? I can not get any help from Microsoft or ASUS.

:)

ThomasTullsen, May 9, 2021
  2. zvainzHD Win User

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, May 9, 2021
  3. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, May 9, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone input

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Microphone input

1. Microphone input - Similar Threads - Microphone input

2. Microphone audio input problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  3. Microphone input playing audio output

Microphone input playing audio output: Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers...
  4. Detected microphone but no input sound

Detected microphone but no input sound: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I have searched up many similar questions but cannot find the solution. I just built a new desktop PC with newly installed Windows 10. I am using a headphone splitter to connect my headset to the desktop front panel. Some things to note: - All drivers...
  5. Audio from Computer Screen being used as my Microphone Input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio from Computer Screen being used as my Microphone Input: When I try to talk over the computer using my headphones on apps like Discord or Skype, nobody I am talking to can hear me and when I check the system settings and try and change the default input, my computer says that whatever audio is playing on my computer screen, whether...
  6. Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone

Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone: I recently required a headset with a mic to allow myself to talk with others on my laptop easier and I can't seem to find the input device even when updating drivers and reconnecting the device and opening troubleshooters. All that it says is available is the standard Realtek...
  7. Microphone not showing up under input devices.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not showing up under input devices.: Hey guys, I just got a new computer today, but I'm running into an issue. My microphone isn't picking up anything and when I went to check my sound settings, it wasn't even showing up at all under input devices. It's plugged in correctly and I never had any problems with it...
  8. my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere

my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere: Out of nowhere my microphone stopped showing on every app such as discord Xbox game bar etc. I cant get it to work but on this device but on every other device it works just fine. any fixes I've tried restarting my pc and making sure my microphone is accessible to apps....
  9. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...: TV is connected my Line-In port via 3.5mm Jack. This picks up my TV audio and I can listen to it by listening to the line in device. I have recently bought a small condenser mic that plugs into the Rear Mic Input Port. This microphone works as I have tested it without the...
  10. Microphone Input Still Extremely Low

Microphone Input Still Extremely Low: I posted this question before, but the thread was locked by the time I was able to address the reply. However, that reply didn't have a fix that worked for me, so I am posting again. Late 2020, I replaced my 3+ year headset after being told multiple times over a long period...