Windows 10: Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice.

Discus and support Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, this problem has been bothering me for quite a while. Thanks in advance. I have tried the following things while searching through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cappachistar, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice.

Hey all, this problem has been bothering me for quite a while. Thanks in advance.

I have tried the following things while searching through the internet:

• Disabled and Enabled my microphone
    • Set my microphone as standard device
    • Triple-checked my Audio drivers
    • Tested my microphone on different devices (It works perfectly fine there)
    • Disabled/Enabled Sound Effects
    • Messed with the Volume/Boost options and set them to standard
    • Allowed Win10 to use the mic for all listed applications
    • Tried using different microphones

Every article and thread I've seen so far stops at the advice above, with OP usually having found success in one of the tips above. I am really unsure what the cause of this could be, especially since my Microphone is indeed detected, as shown in all possible menus. I don't want to rule out that it's a hardware problem, but I'd (obviously) much prefer simply pressing a switch I missed in the menus, yknow ;P

submitted by /u/Cappachistar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cappachistar, Jun 22, 2020

2. Microphone detected but not picking up voice. (Windows 10)

I bought a new gaming pc and I've had for a week. I tried my phone's headphones to see if I could talk to my friends with it, but it doesn't pick up my voice. It recognizes the microphone but can't record voice. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and
    reinstalling. I've the levels of the microphone and I've enabled and set the microphone as the default. How do I fix this?

Some AsianDude, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Microphone cannot pick up voice but is detected by my computor

I recently thought it would be fun download the app Clown fish for my computer to change my voice in video games and during calls for discord. However, when i uninstalled Clown fish after the app was not working, my microphone stopped working. I tried everything
    such as:

1. setting my mic as default

2. Running a trouble shooter for audio, speech, and microphone.

3. Updating drivers/Reinstalling.

4. Increasing the levels of my microphone in properties.

5. Disabling all the enchantments.

6. Checking to see if my mic is muted.

7. I even checked my head set on my phone and the microphone was working so it has to be my computer

8. Setting up microphone. (cannot work since computer cannot detect my voice clearly)

But my microphone was still extremely quiet. My Computer can detect that my head set is plugged in but my microphone cannot detect my voice very clearly. It can only detect my voice if i shout but when i talk normally, no audio shows up. I tried this on
    the voice recorder.

Jasonkwok0127, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice.

Microphone detected but not picking up voice. (Windows 10)

I tried both and it still isn't working. I've also tried a USB microphone and that still can't pick up sound from my voice.

Some AsianDude, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice.

1. Microphone is detected, but it can't pick up my voice. - Similar Threads - Microphone detected can't

2. Microphone detected but not picking up any voices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone detected but not picking up any voices: I've been experiencing an unusual problem with my microphone for the past two days. While it was working perfectly before, it suddenly stopped picking up and input voices. I've exhausted all the possible solutions I found through online, including reinstalling drivers,...
  3. Microphone detected but not picking up any voices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone detected but not picking up any voices: I've been experiencing an unusual problem with my microphone for the past two days. While it was working perfectly before, it suddenly stopped picking up and input voices. I've exhausted all the possible solutions I found through online, including reinstalling drivers,...
  4. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  5. Microphone not picking up my voice

Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  6. Microphone not picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  8. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  9. Microphone barely picking up my voice

Microphone barely picking up my voice: So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should increase the boost on my microphone but the option is not showing up. What can i do to increase my mic's sensitivity?...
  10. Microphone cannot pick up voice but is detected by my computor

Microphone cannot pick up voice but is detected by my computor: I recently thought it would be fun download the app Clown fish for my computer to change my voice in video games and during calls for discord. However, when i uninstalled Clown fish after the app was not working, my microphone stopped working. I tried everything such as: 1....