Windows 10: microphone is disabled

Discus and support microphone is disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have no audio in website meetings. I cannot speak with COrtana. She says my microphone is disabled and to enable it in sound settings. I did this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RoseHoyle, Mar 3, 2021.

1. RoseHoyle Win User

microphone is disabled

I have no audio in website meetings. I cannot speak with COrtana. She says my microphone is disabled and to enable it in sound settings. I did this but still have not audio.

People can hear me, I cannot hear them.

Can anyone help.

:)

RoseHoyle, Mar 3, 2021
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2021
  4. microphone is disabled

Cannot disable microphone. Laptop will not Reset.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the reason you’re trying to reset your computer?
    2. What is the complete error message appears when you trying to reset PC?

I suggest you to follow below mentioned Methods and see if that helps:

Method 1:
    Turn Off the Microphone on your windows 10 Computer from Device manager.

1. Right Click on the Windows 10 Start Button and then click on
      Device Manager in the menu that appears.
    2. On the Device Manager screen, click on the down arrow next to
      Audio inputs and outputs. You should be able to see your
      Microphone listed in the expanded list of Audio devices
    3. Audio inputs and Outputs Entry on Device Manager Screen in Windows 10.
    4. Right-click on Microphone and then click on Disable in the contextual menu that appears.
      Disable Microphone In Windows 10 Using Device Manager.
    5. You will see a pop-up, asking you to
      confirm that you do want to disable the Microphone on your Computer. Disable Microphone Pop-up in Windows 10.
    6. Click on the “Yes” button to
      disable the Microphone on your Windows 10 computer.
    Method 2: As you said you’re trying to reset your computer, follow the

article
    on resetting your PC.

Method 3: You may also refer Microsoft article on “How
    reset you’re Windows PC
    ”.

Disclaimer: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

microphone is disabled

1. microphone is disabled - Similar Threads - microphone disabled

2. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  3. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  4. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it: This year on Dec 25th when i got a new headset and set it up everything was fine, Until i noticed that on one specific app windows has stopped allowing access for my microphone to be used. All my settings are configured properly. Recording and playback devices are set...
  6. Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it

Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it: This year on Dec 25th when i got a new headset and set it up everything was fine, Until i noticed that on one specific app windows has stopped allowing access for my microphone to be used. All my settings are configured properly. Recording and playback devices are set...
  7. Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...: I’m trying to use my built in microphone for proctorio and I noticed it wasn’t detecting a microphone. When I went to my settings I saw that on “allow windows and apps to use” it was set to don’t allow. However, as soon as I moved the slider to “allow” it disabled my...
  9. Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...

Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...: I’m trying to use my built in microphone for proctorio and I noticed it wasn’t detecting a microphone. When I went to my settings I saw that on “allow windows and apps to use” it was set to don’t allow. However, as soon as I moved the slider to “allow” it disabled my...
  10. How do I disable the feature that mutes all audio when I'm in an app that uses my microphone?

How do I disable the feature that mutes all audio when I'm in an app that uses my microphone?: I just got a new computer and I've been experiencing issues with the audio. Whenever I open an app that uses my microphone, all of the other sounds on the computer are automatically muted. I'm using a Bluetooth headset and I have windows 10. I've tried various solutions to...