Windows 10: Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom.

Discus and support Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When on Zoom, my voice sounds like I'm under water. I haven't used the microphone for any other apps. I have Windows 10, HP ENVY Laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesThatcher, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom.

When on Zoom, my voice sounds like I'm under water. I haven't used the microphone for any other apps. I have Windows 10, HP ENVY Laptop.

:)

CharlesThatcher, Nov 13, 2020
  2. ShernieL Win User

Microphone not working for zoom

I have already checked all the normal settings, etc!!

1. A couple days ago, I tried to connect my iphone to the bluetooth on my laptop. (I wanted to be able to share audio from an app in my phone during a zoom meeting.) Windows 10 told me that my phone was paired. But no sound came through the laptop.

2. I cannot use a cable to connect my phone because there is no microphone outlet on my laptop; it only has an outlet for headphones.

3. I searched lots of recommendations online and tried them (sorry, I'm not good with this and can't tell you exactly what I tried.)

4. I had a zoom meeting afterward, and my microphone worked fine.

5. Yesterday, my system said that I needed to restart and said something about microphone. I restarted the laptop.

6. Last night, I tried to host a zoom meeting and could not be heard.

I have followed numerous tips online and nothing is helping.

a. According to the advanced settings in zoom, my microphone is connected. However, when I test the microphone in zoom, it does not record my voice.

b. The settings in Windows 10 show that my laptop has permission to use my microphone in the zoom app.

I'm convinced that I inadvertently changed something a couple days ago when trying to troubleshoot the bluetooth problem. I think that change took effect when I restarted the laptop yesterday. But I have no idea what change I may have made. Everything
    that I know to check looks correct, yet the microphone is not recording me when I talk in zoom.

Update: When I right click the sound icon on the task bar, the option for "sound" is not in the list.

ShernieL, Nov 13, 2020
  3. steve108 Win User
    Use the microphone in a Zoom meeting

Hello @Bluewind, *Smile
    Start Zoom app, then right click on the Zoom icon in System Tray > Settings then select Video from Settings -

Do you see yourself or any image from camera? Then next click Audio from same Zoom settings window and test speaker and microphone. See if that helps confirm your camera, microphone, and speakers/headphones are recognized and operational in Zoom.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found the Zoom app very useful for confirming my camera, microphone, and speakers are working on my PC *Smile Much easier than Windows anyway.

steve108, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom.

Microphone not working in Zoom Conference

I cannot get the microphone to work when on a Zoom App conference. I have a brand new HP notebook using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

THOMAS_SMITH_915, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom.

1. Microphone is distorting my voice on Zoom. - Similar Threads - Microphone distorting voice

2. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  3. A microphone not recording my voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A microphone not recording my voice: I have it enabled in privacy settings, i tried deleting it but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-microphone-not-recording-my-voice/e8535f6f-9028-45eb-908c-6518df3f8aa3
  4. Microphone Interference and voice distortion on W10 and W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Interference and voice distortion on W10 and W11: Basically, there is constant background interference as well as distortion of my voice every time I connect a microphone into the system, regardless of how it connects have tried: Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless using it's USB dongle; Steelseries Arctis 9 using a USB Bluetooth...
  5. Microphone Interference and voice distortion on W10 and W11

Microphone Interference and voice distortion on W10 and W11: Basically, there is constant background interference as well as distortion of my voice every time I connect a microphone into the system, regardless of how it connects have tried: Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless using it's USB dongle; Steelseries Arctis 9 using a USB Bluetooth...
  6. Microphone sounds distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  7. Microphone sounds distorted

Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  8. Zoom My laptop's microphone cuts off my voice while others talking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom My laptop's microphone cuts off my voice while others talking: Hi, i have asus laptop. When i join to Zoom session, while only i'm talking, there is no problem.But if someone talks with me at the same time, my mic cuts off my voice and otherparticipants cant hear my voice. If everyone silence, my voice going properly. Its not about...
  9. Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is zoomed in and distorted / blurry: Everything was fine when i went to best last night. Upon restarting my PC today, everything was zoomed in slightly. Now my image is zoomed in, resulting in a reduction of screen size of about 1/3 the size of the smallest taskbar. This is accompanied by a slight blur /...
  10. Mic voice is lower than my normal voice and distorted.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic voice is lower than my normal voice and distorted.: I have already tried the boost function and it didn't work and I really have high hopes on coming here. My voice is lower as I said and very distorted (like at least a one or two octave lower, to the point I sound like a male) It's a pain in a neck to record with and I...