Windows 10: Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

Discus and support Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Tried every fix I could find. No solutions. Looked at hundreds of sites.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndrásKurucsai, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

Tried every fix I could find. No solutions. Looked at hundreds of sites.

:)

AndrásKurucsai, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Frosty_30 Win User

Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear
    anything from the microphone is boosting the volume to the maximum allowed. I have tried reinstalling drivers, windows, disabling and configuring all sorts of options in the sound control panel and nothing fixes it, does anyone know how to solve this?

Frosty_30, Feb 19, 2021
  3. JamClopz Win User
    Muffled/Bad quality on headphones in Windows 10.

So today, I got a new gaming headset (LVLUP Lu732) and I was excited to use them. I tested them on my Mobile phone, the audio was great, tested it on my Console, the audio was great, but when I tested on my PC, the audio was muffled and bad. The Microphone
    was good tho, but I could barely hear the quality until I put it to 100. When I put the volume on 100, it sounded like someone was underwater, This also happened to my previous headphones, the audio was muffled and bad. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?
    Thank you.

JamClopz, Feb 19, 2021
  4. sergO3 Win User

Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio. [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio.

1. Microphone is either muffled or is playing headphone audio. - Similar Threads - Microphone either muffled

2. My microphone audio is muffled on Chrome browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone audio is muffled on Chrome browser.: My microphone audio is muffled on Chrome browser. I am using a Logitech headset and an HP Elite Desk PC. Troubleshooting steps done so far are as follows: Restarting pc, reformatting, reinstall audio drivers using HP Support Assistant, and under recording tab on sound untick...
  3. My microphone audio is muffled on Chrome browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone audio is muffled on Chrome browser.: My microphone audio is muffled on Chrome browser. I am using a Logitech headset and an HP Elite Desk PC. Troubleshooting steps done so far are as follows: Restarting pc, reformatting, reinstall audio drivers using HP Support Assistant, and under recording tab on sound untick...
  4. Microphone muffles Audio on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone muffles Audio on Windows 11: Hello!Whenever my microphone is active the quality of the audio degrades. I use wired headphones. I tried troubleshooting it but couldnt find any solution.Things I have tried:reinstalling my audio driverreconfigurating audio settings on Realtekinstalling different audio...
  5. Microphone muffles Audio on Windows 11

Microphone muffles Audio on Windows 11: Hello!Whenever my microphone is active the quality of the audio degrades. I use wired headphones. I tried troubleshooting it but couldnt find any solution.Things I have tried:reinstalling my audio driverreconfigurating audio settings on Realtekinstalling different audio...
  6. Muffled headphone audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  7. Muffled headphone audio

Muffled headphone audio: Hi, I just bought a new set up and downloaded my games onto it. However, whenever i play games that requires microphone permissions, the game audio becomes muffled and makes the game unplayable. I found out that disabling microphone permissions for the app makes the audio go...
  8. Microphone Audio Muffled Severely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Audio Muffled Severely: Hi. I recently got a new laptop and it worked perfectly. However, recently it has started really muffling my mic to the extent that you cannot understand what is being said and sometimes no audio comes through at all. I know it is not my microphone because I am having the...
  9. Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone sounds muffled, quiet, and plays desktop audio through it.: I have a headset that works fine on another device, but for some reason on my desktop, no matter what port I use, all the audio from the desktop gets played through the microphone and the microphone is really quiet and muffled. The only way you can hear anything from the...
  10. Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphone audio feels... distant? Muffled/echoey: I really don’t know how to explain it, but I know it isn’t a headphone problem because it works perfectly on my PS4. submitted by /u/TheSecondDirection [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtnkal/headphone_audio_feels_distant_muffledechoey/