Windows 10: Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

Discus and support Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PC-Nutzer9281, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?

:)

PC-Nutzer9281, Nov 23, 2022

2. HyperX Cloud 2 Headset lost Microphone output Quality after Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the Microphone is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you facing the issue only with Discord application?
    2. Have you tried using any other headset/microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try disabling NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and hit enter.
    3. Now expand the Sound, video and game controllers.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and click on
      Disable.

Method 2;

Update the firmware for HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset, you can download the firmware from the official

website of HyperX

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 23, 2022
  3. blabla21 Win User
    Microphone not working on Kingston HyperX Cloud

Hey guys.

Recently I've been trying to set up my mic on my headset Kingston HyperX Cloud (1 not 2), and have not succeeded, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I've been trying to find the problem by googling it and I can't manage to find it all of them just say to make sure that the microphone is properly plugged in (which it is), make sure that the mute button is switched on the control box (which it is since I tried on both sides when switched).

I try to test it through many ways but it still I don't succeed.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

blabla21, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

Microphone issue Hyperx Cloud 2 headset

The option to roll back to an older version is automatically provided on the option when you're in the properties window of the audio driver. Regarding your concern, you may need to update the firmware of the
    Hyperx Cloud 2 Headset. Updating of the firmware will make sure that it will be compatible with your audio driver. We suggest that you visit the
    manufacturer's website and look for the process on how to update the firmware. After performing the update, uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver, it should be working properly.

Feel free to respond if you need more help.

Louie Del, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

1. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2 - Similar Threads - Microphone extremely quiet

2. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...
  3. Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is extremely quiet even though it is set to loud? HyperX Cloud 2: Hello, I've had the HyperX Cloud 2 for a few months now, but I've had the problem for a few weeks that my headphone mic is extremely quiet, even though I have everything turned up high. Also on DiscordWhat to do?...
  4. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  5. Hyperx Cloud Stinger Mic Sounding Super Quiet

Hyperx Cloud Stinger Mic Sounding Super Quiet: Hi All, I use a Hyperx Cloud Stinger headset, and the mic is sounding incredibly quiet. You are unable to hear any audio that goes through unless you take the audio clip and manually make it louder. I have tried many things to make it work, and the microphone actually does...
  6. Microphone is extremely quiet

Microphone is extremely quiet: Hello. A few weeks ago, my microphone just decided to stop working properly. At the same time I also got issues with my sound. Both were extremely quiet and did not work properly. I managed to raise the sound on my laptop but my microphone didnt work until I uninstalled the...
  7. Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger

Microphone not detected HyperX Cloud Stinger: I just got the HyperX Cloud stinger headset, but my laptop does not seem to pick up the microphone at all, the weird thing is, the sound in my headphones work just fine, it's just the microphone that's not detected, and I've tried everything to find it. I only have one...
  8. My microphone is extremely quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone is extremely quiet: i got a new pc and i got the acer predator galea 311 and i went to discord to talk to my friend and he couldnt hear me and i put it on full volume too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-is-extremely-quiet/eb97e3de-db09-41e8-8e0b-3c52f9b1664f
  9. HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed

HyperX Cloud 2 drivers changed: Hello, I noticed today that my USB headset drivers have changed from usual "HyperX 7.1 audio" to "HyperX Virtual Surround Sound" drivers. For some reason it gives me option to control microphone gain level via slider. I couldn't do this with previous drivers and I'm wondering...
  10. Microphone extremely quiet

Microphone extremely quiet: So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet. I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you...