Windows 10: Microphone is not being detected on recording devices list. (only on a particular device)

Discus and support Microphone is not being detected on recording devices list. (only on a particular device) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is a very strange problem i came across. Its a gigabit motherboard (ga-h97-d3h). I have tried both the front and the back mic (pink) ports, The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Echo_19, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Echo_19 Win User

Microphone is not being detected on recording devices list. (only on a particular device)

This is a very strange problem i came across.

Its a gigabit motherboard (ga-h97-d3h). I have tried both the front and the back mic (pink) ports, The device is not detected.

I have checked the mic on other devices and it worked perfectly except on this one.
    Its a 3.5mm jack (which shouldn't require microphone drives from the manufacturer).

I have manually updated the bios, chipset and the audio drivers for the motherboard from the manufactures website. Also win 10.
    Its not a windows 10 issue coz it works on the other win 10 devices.
    My headphone port works but there is some static noise if u use the back IO

I have tried setting up the microphone through manage sound devices under the Input section for sound, but it will only work if the computer detect the microphone.
    Anyone with Ideas that i can test to figure out a solution?

:)

Echo_19, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Chuck38 Win User

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Have you checked to see if the microphone is disabled?

To make sure that the microphone is not disabled, please follow the steps below.
    a. Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    b. Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled
    devices.
    c. Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Chuck38, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Zappyjro Win User
    Built in mic is not in the "Recording Devices" list

I recently bought a new Venom headset and set it up on my computer, I thought it was working fine but then noticed that my computer was still using my old microphone which is built into my computer. I went into the recording devices list and clicked onto
    my built in microphone and disabled the device usage, this fixed my problem and my new headset microphone was working but now I want to use my built in microphone so I went into the recording devices list and remembered that I had disabled it and it was no
    longer appearing in the list of recording devices and I can't figure out how to fix this. Please can someone tell me how I can fix this issue?

Zappyjro, Jan 18, 2019
  4. iBSODed Win User

Microphone is not being detected on recording devices list. (only on a particular device)

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

It is not disabled no, apologies for the late reply.

iBSODed, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Microphone is not being detected on recording devices list. (only on a particular device) - Similar Threads - Microphone being detected

2. Microphone devices not detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone devices not detected.: My laptop is not recognizing my audio input devices. I have tried the integrated microphone, a wired headset with a mic, and Bluetooth earbuds; the device has detected none. The input devices also do not appear in the device manager, but their corresponding output devices are...
  3. Microphone devices not detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone devices not detected.: My laptop is not recognizing my audio input devices. I have tried the integrated microphone, a wired headset with a mic, and Bluetooth earbuds; the device has detected none. The input devices also do not appear in the device manager, but their corresponding output devices are...
  4. Input device is not being detected...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Input device is not being detected...: I have just gotten my new pc and just got everything ready when I realized that when I plug in my headphones and select headphones from waves, it's not also using the mic on it, and I went to troubleshoot on the virtual agent, and it installed a driver which now when I plug...
  5. Device not being detected?

Device not being detected?: I recently bought a new headset with a mic. The headset has a 3.5mm jack and a usb connector powering a mic. The problem is windows 10 not detecting anything when I plug in the usb, and the mic isn't registered as a device at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  6. Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Playback detecting Input Devices & Recording detecting Output Devices: Hello! Today, I was playing SCP: Secret Laboratory. After I finished, I went and made tea. When I came back much later to play some more, I found that the in-game voice chat was not working for me; my microphone was not transmitting in-game. Looking into my Steam settings, I...
  7. My internal microphone has vanished/no recording device listed

My internal microphone has vanished/no recording device listed: Hi, I can't find my internal recording device, it is not listed, and my microphone does not work, how can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-microphone-has-vanishedno-recording/4c1ce777-0aca-4270-b09a-901f92596cb7
  8. bluetooth devices are not being detected .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bluetooth devices are not being detected .: I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones but it was not detected. I am facing this problem after I updated window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-devices-are-not-being-detected/82d29a1b-20d4-4769-a2da-431338aca1ad
  9. Microphone wont show in recording devices

Microphone wont show in recording devices: Hello my computer decided to go AWOL and it started giving me troubles with my recording devices, i am unable to enable or disable my other mics i have in there. The previous mic i use is also absent from the recording devices tab but shows up in the device manager. I tried...
  10. Microphone not showing in Recording Devices

Microphone not showing in Recording Devices: I'm attempting to plug in a SADES SA-708 headset into my onboard microphone jack. The only thing that appears in my recording devices is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and I cannot get the microphone to show up. I have a Intel D975XBX2 and cannot find any drivers for anything really....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone not listing in recoreding device

2. no audio input devices - built-in microphone not detected/not in device manage

3. S/PDIF Front Mic Port Not Detecting

4. microphone not listed recording device,
  5. how to fix headset not being detected in recording devices,
  6. SCP secret laboratory not detecting wireless microphone