Windows 10: Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

Discus and support Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Semia S McFadden, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is turned up to 100. The microphone icon shows me speaking, but when I play back the video it has no sound. I have tried restarting the computer and using a different webcam. It is not showing any error messages.

:)

Semia S McFadden, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

1. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue? - Similar Threads - Microphone recording sound

2. Consistent Crackling Sound On Audio Of All Video Recordings. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent Crackling Sound On Audio Of All Video Recordings. How Do I Fix It?: I've been trying to fix this issue through Youtube, and like every technical issue, but I've had no luck. I've been going through the device manager and updating audio drivers like everyone says, disabling enhancements, changing the sample rate, nothing is working.So far,...
  3. Consistent Crackling Sound On Audio Of All Video Recordings. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consistent Crackling Sound On Audio Of All Video Recordings. How Do I Fix It?: I've been trying to fix this issue through Youtube, and like every technical issue, but I've had no luck. I've been going through the device manager and updating audio drivers like everyone says, disabling enhancements, changing the sample rate, nothing is working.So far,...
  4. Consistent Crackling Sound On Audio Of All Video Recordings. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  6. Program to Record Sound and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program to Record Sound and Microphone: Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to record audio during video calls on various calling applications like Telegram and Skype.Audacity does not have the capability...
  7. Sound Recording Issue

Sound Recording Issue: Hello, So I recently got this laptop and have been trying to use a gaming headset that I have. However when I connect it, it seems that the audio works fine, but the microphone is still being routed through the laptop itself and not the headset's mic. No devices are coming...
  8. Sound microphone issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound microphone issues.: Why did microsoft remove the microphone level adjustment from the speaker properties dialog in win 10? Has it been moved somewhere else? For sound recording purposes my computer is nothing more than a boat anchor without this feature....
  9. Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.

Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.: Similar to if not the exact same as this man's problem, my microphone is not recording/listening to what I say. I've tried to solo trouble shoot on my own for the past 2 hours and have not been able to fix the issue. I've even tried to replace the microphone. The bars on...
  10. Recording issues with headset microphone

Recording issues with headset microphone: Cheers, Firstly, I have no idea where to ask help in my issue, so I am sending this troubleshoot all over the internet, pretty much. Thing is, I’d like to do a Let’s play (of sorts), you know, to record myself playing a game while at the same time giving comments. Easy...