Windows 10: Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed]

Discus and support Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If your microphone is not working in Steam, the solutions listed in this article may help you fix the problem. According to the affected users,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 23, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed]

Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed] Microphone-is-not-working-in-Steam.png
    If your microphone is not working in Steam, the solutions listed in this article may help you fix the problem. According to the affected users, the issue is occurring only on Steam. Their microphone works fine in other applications like Discord. Due to this issue, users are not able to chat with their friends on […]

This article Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 23, 2022
  2. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 23, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2022
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Microphone is not working in Steam [Fixed] - Similar Threads - Microphone working Steam

2. How to fix built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix built-in microphone not working: I have tried different approaches in trying to fix my microphone's issue: settings, device manager, event uninstalling the microphone driver. In the end, I still could not get my microphone to work....
  3. How to fix built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix built-in microphone not working: I have tried different approaches in trying to fix my microphone's issue: settings, device manager, event uninstalling the microphone driver. In the end, I still could not get my microphone to work....
  4. Fix Steam Broadcasting not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Steam Broadcasting not working: [IMG]If Steam Broadcasting is not working for you, then this post is sure to help you. Steam is a digital video game distribution platform owned and operated by Valve. It offers several features, one of them being Steam broadcasting. This feature lets you watch your friends...
  5. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...
  6. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...
  7. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Fix Steam Family Sharing not working issue

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Steam Family Sharing not working issue: [ATTACH]Steam Family Sharing is a great way to share your libraries with your friends and your family. However, many users, as of late, reported the Steam Family Sharing not working issue. In this post, we are going to see how you can resolve the issue with some very simple...
  9. USB microphone stops working when steam / games are opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB microphone stops working when steam / games are opened: The microphone I have is a Blue Snowball ICE, which works completely fine until I open a game or a game launcher. The mic doesn't disconnect or anything, it just stops picking up audio until I either 1 unplug and plug back in the microphone or 2 disable and enable the device....
  10. Steam not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam not working: OKAY so basically it wont connect to steam and let me go online. its not an issue with steams software or my network ive tested. its probably an issue with windows 10. please help...