Windows 10: Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

Discus and support Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone is picking up all sounds from my device which includes game audio, music, browser sounds. When I'm in a call with friends, they say that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AllenZ1, Sep 19, 2018.

1. AllenZ1 Win User

Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

My microphone is picking up all sounds from my device which includes game audio, music, browser sounds. When I'm in a call with friends, they say that they can hear whatever I'm hearing through my earbuds and that they can hear themselves talking. I have tried most of the things on the internet with no avail. Listen to device is unchecked, and lowering the mic sensitivity and boost helps, however, it makes it harder for my friends to hear me and if the music is louder, they can still hear it despite lowering it. What's more is that this hasn't happened before and I haven't changed my settings either. I don't think its my earbud's problem as with other devices (phone, other laptops), whenever i play music, the sound isn't then picked up by the mic.

:)

AllenZ1, Sep 19, 2018

2. Microphone is picking up the laptop's sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10.

I understand your concern about using Microphone as expected on Windows 10, we will assist you with this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select the
      Recording Devices menu.

• In the Recording
      tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties.

• Select the Levels Tab. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes click on Ok.

If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.

Method 2:

• Right click on Start to open the Power User Menu.

• Click on Control panel and then on
      Sound.

• Click on the Communication tab in the sound window. You will see four options under
      When Windows detects Communication activities.

• Click on the radio button next to
      Do nothing. Click on Apply and then
      OK. You might need to restart the computer to implement the changes.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 19, 2018
  3. microphone picking up strange sounds

i have a dell inspiron 15 5000 laptop and whenever i'm in calls with friends, on skype, discord, ect, they always comment on how annoying the sound coming from my end is. i usually wear headphones when i call with them but it doesn't make a difference.
    whether i'm wearing headphones or not, they can still hear the weird sound. the only thing i can think of is the microphone picking up the internal sounds of the laptop? i'm not a huge tech geek so i have no idea what it could be.

also, i think it's strange how it still sounds the same, even when i have headphones in. because the mic on my headphones shouldn't be picking up weird sounds. maybe the mic on my laptop is being used even when i have headphones in and it's picking up
    the laptop's internal sounds? if it helps, i have beats solo 3 headphones.

jenni・ ᴥ ・, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

Microphone is picking up the laptop's sounds.

Hi, I've been having a problem with my microphone since I've upgraded to Windows 10. I've combed through many forums and such trying to find a solution for this but I haven't been able to find anything. Basically the issue is that when ever I am using a
    program to communicate with people, (Skype, Raidcall, Teamspeak ect.) everyone who I am talking to is able to hear my laptops audio output. Sometimes they are able to hear themselves echoing through my speakers back to the mic, other times they just hear the
    sounds from my music or my games. I have never had this problem before upgrading, (I was previously on Windows 8.1) and have been able to play my music, games, sounds speakers in general at full volume without anyone being able to hear my output sound and
    them capable of hearing me when I speak. Please can some one help me fix this problem.

What I have done to try to fix the problem already:

-I have done that whole thing where you right click the sound icon, press recording devices and I have lowered the level of the mic decreasing it's sensitivity. This works to a certain degree but its not what I'm looking for because as it stops my contacts
    from hearing the sound output of my laptop, it also stops me from being able to communicate with them without yelling into my mic.

-I have also tried disabling the (on my laptop it'sMicrophone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc. :) "What you hear" device to reduce the feedback as well. Again it worked to a certain degree by lowering the amount of sound they hear, but they still hear a great deal that it was ineffective.

-I have also hit properties on the mic and went to the "Listen" tab and made sure that the "Listen to this device" box was unchecked, to be 100% sure I ticked it, hit apply and heard insane feedback then re-unchecked it.

-I have also tried to lower the level of my speakers so that It wouldn't be too loud in the laptop mic, but at the point where it becomes effective the sound is just so low that its not enjoyable to listen to people, music, or the game sounds.

-I have also went under the "Communications" tab in the mic properties to try reducing the volume when windows detects communications, but that is also not what I'm looking for, I do not want the sound of other programs decreasing their volume when I am
    in a conversation with others.

As I have said previously, I never had this issue before. I used to be able to play my music, sounds, games on High - Full volume settings without having the people I'm voice chatting with hear whats coming out of my speakers.

Please if there are any other things that I can do that may work please let me know.

Also Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Alienware M14x r2

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 10.0GB (11.9 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

NOTE: For all of those who are prepared to suggest/recommend headphones of any kind, I do own a pair, but I don't want to use them on such a frequent basis because of the irritation they cause on/in my ears. Also I would rather just have the capability to
    turn on my laptop and jump into a conversation with friends without having to use headphones. It is my personal preference to just use the speakers on my laptop.

FlameBushido, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

1. Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc. - Similar Threads - Microphone picking sounds

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  5. Laptop microphone picking up all sounds.!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop microphone picking up all sounds.!!: My Lenovo laptop picking up all sounds that playing in background..Such as while playing Games connected in Discord or in Google meet, my friends also hears what I hear.. Help me to solve this issue.. Thanks in advance..!!! Ps:- It's not My headphone issue or Discord issue.....
  6. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  7. Microphone picks up all desktop sound

Microphone picks up all desktop sound: Hi there. I recently bought a new headset Razer Blackshark V2 X to replace my previous headset that broke Logitech G432. The Logitech headset had a USB connection, and worked perfectly. The new Razer headset has a splitter with a seperate input/output aux connection. I also...
  8. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  9. Microphone picking up sound from headphones.

Microphone picking up sound from headphones.: I have checked on discord and windows voice recorder. My microphone seems to be picking up sound from games and Youtube. I have tried with different headphones and used a different headphone splitter. So I've narrowed it down to problems with the software. I am using Realtek...
  10. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic picking up all sounds

2. mic picking up music in game