Windows 10: Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.

Discus and support Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Similar to if not the exact same as this man's problem, my microphone is not recording/listening to what I say. I've tried to solo trouble shoot on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laheree, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Laheree Win User

Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds.

Similar to if not the exact same as this man's problem, my microphone is not recording/listening to what I say. I've tried to solo trouble shoot on my own for the past 2 hours and have not been able to fix the issue. I've even tried to replace the microphone.

The bars on the device do not move when spoken into.

The device manager says all my drivers are up to date and have no problems with them.

Nothing major like a windows update or hardware install has taken place prior to this issue. Within 2 months.

The main programs I use are Discord and OBS.

Thank you for your time.

:)

Laheree, Mar 1, 2020

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 1, 2020
  3. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone is recongnised but it is not recording sounds. - Similar Threads - Microphone recongnised recording

2. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  3. Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is not recording sound, how do I fix this issue?: I am trying to record using the built in webcam on the computer. The video is recording just fine, but is has no sound to it. I think that there is a problem with the microphone. I have tried recording with a different webcam, but I still have the same problem. The volume is...
  4. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  5. Program to Record Sound and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program to Record Sound and Microphone: Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to record audio during video calls on various calling applications like Telegram and Skype.Audacity does not have the capability...
  6. Microphone not recording

Microphone not recording: My microphone was not working and I reinstalled windows and audio drivers. When I speak the icon shows movement indicating that sound is being sensed, but nothing records in voice recorder, skype of other program. Troubleshooters have not found a problem....
  7. Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER

Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER: Hi, My mic isn't working on any app except skype. I am using a headset. The voice recording is shaking in any other app or WhatsApp voice messages on the web app. I tried troubleshooting, I tried recording sound through sound recorderwhich is same as whatsapp . I tried...
  8. Microphone will not record

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone will not record: the microphone in my speakers is not working. I have insignia speakers don't know the technical name that play audio just fine. However, when I try to voice record our sons school work & then playback...nothing. I feel like the answer is super simple, like wrong port...
  9. voice recorder microphone

voice recorder microphone: voice recorder microphone not working, is asking to add an external microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recorder-microphone/1ff40f41-7afb-4ea8-a80c-841077ec7860
  10. sound recorder

sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...