Windows 10: Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio

Discus and support Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I think my microphone is suppressing my voice. I have to put it really close to my mouth, almost into it to make it pick up the audio. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sanyukth, May 27, 2023.

1. Sanyukth Win User

Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio

Hi, I think my microphone is suppressing my voice. I have to put it really close to my mouth, almost into it to make it pick up the audio. I tried other headsets and microphones but the same problem persists. The noise suppression box is unmarked as well. The microphone boosts it as 20 and the microphone volume is at 100. I already tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting the pc. Even when it is close to my mouth only some of the audio is super loud and the other tends to cut out or be quieter that the other bit. I feel like I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work.

:)

Sanyukth, May 27, 2023
  2. kirillkh Win User

Better microphone noise suppression in Windows 10?

Having acquired a new and supposedly good microphone (ModMic), I noticed that I'm still hearing a lot of noise in the recording - about as bad as with my old cheap microphone. I now think the reason is the quality of the sound card (it's the on-board sound card on Asus Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard). For the record, I hear very similar results from both microphone ports (front and rear). My microphone boost setting is at zero and the gain is at 100%, but I also tried different settings with similar results.

I tried to use two noise suppression tools:

1. The "Noise suppression" checkbox in Microphone Properties -> VoizReal Exp tab. This helps, but some background noise remains and it seems the voice is clipped.
    2. The "Noise suppression" filter in OBS Studio. This works much better. No noise remains, and the voice quality is comparatively good.

The question is is it possible to apply a filter like (2) system-wide and not just in OBS Studio.

kirillkh, May 27, 2023
  3. DarrenW11 Win User
    My microphone is suddenly suppressing my on voice

my mic is suddenly suppressing my voice. i have to put my mouth directly to my earphone mic to make it hear my voice. i already tried with several mics. i dont even have the backgroud noise setting or enhancement tab in my mic properties. already put everything on 100. audio boost on max. i accepted all permission. i uninstalled all recent cumulative updates. already reinstall and use different audio device. still wont work. eventually i reset the whole pc with recovery settings. still wont work.

DarrenW11, May 27, 2023
  4. Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio

Audio quality drops when using microphone

Hello BenShankroff

Im Juliet and Im happy to help you Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio :)

I would suggest you try to Adjust the audio settings on your computer. Please follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select "Open Sound settings."

2. Under "Input," select your microphone and click on "Device properties."

3. Adjust the volume levels and other settings as needed.

4. Try disabling any audio enhancements and noise suppression options that may be interfering with the audio quality.

Also, try Adjust the audio settings on Discord:

1. Open Discord and go to "User Settings" (the gear icon in the bottom-left corner).

2. Under "App Settings," select "Voice and Video."

3. Adjust the input sensitivity and other settings as needed.

4. Try enabling or disabling the noise suppression and echo cancellation options to see if it makes a difference.

I hope this helps! Let me know what happens Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio :)

Juliet Erum, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio

1. Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio - Similar Threads - Microphone suppressing voice

2. microphone cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...
  3. Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio: Hi, I think my microphone is suppressing my voice. I have to put it really close to my mouth, almost into it to make it pick up the audio. I tried other headsets and microphones but the same problem persists. The noise suppression box is unmarked as well. The microphone...
  4. Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio

Microphone is suppressing my voice and cutting out audio: Hi, I think my microphone is suppressing my voice. I have to put it really close to my mouth, almost into it to make it pick up the audio. I tried other headsets and microphones but the same problem persists. The noise suppression box is unmarked as well. The microphone...
  5. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cutting in and out: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my job, so had to leave S mode.I am using a Razer Seiren Mini microphone for my job. I've only had it a couple of weeks. It's been...
  6. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  7. Microphone cutting in and out

Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  8. My microphone is suddenly suppressing my on voice

My microphone is suddenly suppressing my on voice: my mic is suddenly suppressing my voice. i have to put my mouth directly to my earphone mic to make it hear my voice. i already tried with several mics. i dont even have the backgroud noise setting or enhancement tab in my mic properties. already put everything on 100. audio...
  9. My microphone is suddenly suppressing my on voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is suddenly suppressing my on voice: my mic is suddenly suppressing my voice. i have to put my mouth directly to my earphone mic to make it hear my voice. i already tried with several mics. i dont even have the backgroud noise setting or enhancement tab in my mic properties. already put everything on 100. audio...
  10. Audio cuts out when using microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cuts out when using microphone: I am having a problem with my audio. Any time the microphone is active all audio cuts out except for the app using the microphone. I am using the integrated microphone, and can't test it out with any others at the moment. I'm just stumped, I can't figure it out....