Windows 10: microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.

Discus and support microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have a line in mic that is just too quiet even when i set the volume boost to max. is there any software, things i can use to make it louder?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tim123123321, Aug 30, 2021.

1. microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.

i have a line in mic that is just too quiet even when i set the volume boost to max. is there any software, things i can use to make it louder?

:)

tim123123321, Aug 30, 2021
  2. Citrus Win User

Microphone extremely quiet

So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet.

I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you can hear a whisper if you're shouting down the mic.

I've tested the mic on other devices like my phone and it works fine but for some odd reason my desktop isn't being nice about it.

This is darn annoying and a massive inconvenience.

Things I've tried -
    Uninstalled realtek and re-installed the latest driver
    Set microphone boost and levels to max
    Tested with 'Disable all sound effects' on and off

I'm out of luck at this point and I'm not entirely sure where to go from this. I'd love to get this fixed so some advice/help would be appreciated, thank you.

Citrus, Aug 30, 2021
  3. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Supra Win User

microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

Worked to resolve the issue myself. I learned running CS:GO maxes your input volume when you launch it, which, to control via console command is 'voice_mixer_volume 0.5' (50% volume) and also set Steam in-game microphone volume so it correlates with Windows' input volume.

Supra, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max.

1. microphone is too quiet even when i set its input volume to max. - Similar Threads - microphone too quiet

2. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  3. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  4. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  5. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  6. Microphone level too quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  7. Audio being really quiet even at max volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio being really quiet even at max volume: My audio, even what at max, being really quiet for some reason. I know its not my speakers because if i mute and unmute it goes back to normal for a few seconds. Ive reinstalled my drivers multiple times with so change, its really annoying and i dont know how to fix it....
  8. Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone from my earphones is really quiet even on max volume and +30.0dB: I tested it on my phone (android) and manjaro linux in dualboot and it seems that the earphones work 100% correctly and it's the system which causes these problems, I tried turning different options in Realtek HD Audio Manager and nothing helped me, I also don't think I could...
  9. Microphone suddenly too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...
  10. Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone sound far too quiet even at max volume: Please help, this is getting really frustrating and I think it's getting worse because now I can barely hear despite having my volume all the way up to 100%. I have a windows 10 laptop on Samsung computer, I am using razer kraken headset (Realtek(R) audio) and that's all I...