Windows 10: Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek?

Discus and support Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Morning masters, I have had a problem with my microphone for a long time, it is too quiet and I can't do anything about it. I use a HyperX Clound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Melvin501, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Melvin501 Win User

Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek?

Morning masters,

I have had a problem with my microphone for a long time, it is too quiet and I can't do anything about it.

I use a HyperX Clound Alpha headset, which works without problems (I have tested it on another computer). I connected the headset to the front of my computer with a jack (input and output) and this is brought together by a HyperX cable (into the headset).

Since the headset is probably not the problem, we come to my computer. I have Windows 10 (Version 1909 Build 18363.778), a Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming motherboard with current BIOS (updated by Gigabyte's AppCenter), I don't have a soundcard, only the onboard soundchip. The software Realtek has the audio driver version: 6.0.8734.1, DircetX version: DirectX 12.0, audio controller: HD Audio and the audio codec: ALC1220

This should be the needed information about my system (if something is missing I will add it of course Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek? :) ).

My "troubleshooting" attempts and observations:

• Computer restarted - okay, it's obvious Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek? :D (not really helped. The interesting thing is that after a reboot the volume problem was solved for a short time Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek? :D)
    • Headset removed and reinstalled/plugged in again (nothing worked, after each replugging the headset was recognized correctly by Realtek, i.e. input and output)
    • Plug the headset into the back of the computer (Generally not recognized by Realtek/Windows, only the output was recognized as a speaker. This could be due to the fact that the jacks are not set correctly - but I have no real idea).
    • Software tries to uninstall (does not work, I was advised not to uninstall Realtek)
    • Software tries to update through APP Center (third entry) (only BIOS updated, nothing worked)
    • Teamspeak/Discord reinstalled (nothing worked)
    • Driver updated by the device manager (nothing worked)
    • Microsoft Support and did what they recommended. Update everything, uninstall the virus program, and go through the article about fixing microphone problems. (nothing done)
    • USB sound card used to "bypass" onboard sound card (microphone was loud again, only the sound card had a much worse quality than my onboard card)
    • The deflection of my microphone is in the Windows settings -> Test sound under Microphone, never higher than up to the word test above.
    • Another jack headset has exactly the same problems as my HyperX (no matter if it's front without back)
    The only thing I haven't done yet and what I've been avoiding for a long time is resetting my computer. Since I still hope that there is a solution without the rest of my computer.

I am very much looking forward to your helpful answers Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek? :)

Sincerely, Melvin S.

:)

Melvin501, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Hi Kirby, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've already adjusted the volume and boost for your microphone and it's still too quiet, it could be a driver issue.

I'd recommend reinstalling the microphone drivers through Device Manager. Here are the steps:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your microphone in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

If it's still too quiet, test to see if the same problem occurs on another PC if you have one available.

Please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Jetster Win User

Jetster, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone is (too) quiet Windows 10 + Realtek? - Similar Threads - Microphone too quiet

2. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  3. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  4. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  5. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  6. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  7. Microphone level too quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  8. realtek array microphone too quiet

realtek array microphone too quiet: My internal microphone Realtek array microphone used to work really well and wasn't too quiet, but now it is really quiet like I am whispering and no one can barely hear me. I am running on windows 10 on the latest update and have the latest mic drivers installed. I've tried...
  9. Windows 10 microphone too quiet.

Windows 10 microphone too quiet.: Hello. I don't remember when exactly but my microphone is barely picking up my voice. Only place where it still catches my voice is teamspeak. But in game parties and when I'm checking the the microphone settings - it barely shows any sound input. I tried getting headset and...
  10. Microphone suddenly too quiet

Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...