Windows 10: Microphone is 'Unplugged'

Discus and support Microphone is 'Unplugged' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hannah Arceta pls help, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Microphone is 'Unplugged'

hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though?

:)

Hannah Arceta pls help, Jul 3, 2022
  2. MarcusRR Win User

In-built microphone is "unplugged" - Windows 11

Many thanks for your response, Carlo. I've followed your suggestions, and in response to each section:

- Under additional troubleshooters ("other trouble-shooters"), there is no Speech troubleshooter. I have tried again the Recording Audio one again, and it continues to say the microphone is unplugged.

- Under Devise Manager, it says "The best drivers for your devise are already installed", but I then tried the route of selecting my own, but I couldn't see where old drivers are. It just lists two pieces of hardware: the Realtek microphone and High Definition Audio Devise. I selected the microphone and it updated the driver (there was no choices, it just updated), I then rebooted but it still says it's unplugged.

- In Control panel / Sound / Recording the microphone was already Enabled, although it says it's unplugged. I can't right-click to set it as default as the option is greyed out. There is also no levels volume slider in Properties. I went through all four tabs, but there's no volume slider

- I've restarted my computer but it's still unplugged.

My laptop is an ASUS Vivobook: System Model Vivobook_ASUSLaptop M3500QA_M3500QA

Thanks again

marcus

MarcusRR, Jul 3, 2022
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Having to unplug microphone to hear playback.

Hi Mark,

There are several audio inputs on your PC depending on your motherboard. It is possible that you are plugging your
    microphone in the jack which supports audio in and audio out (same as phone jacks) and is set as your playback device. When this happens, you will not hear the audio out because the audio signal is sent into the microphone. Simply unplug your
    microphone and move it to the microphone jack and you will be able to hear the playback sound.

Microphone is 'Unplugged' 44720e62-c33b-4f4d-b705-c801612e7c5e.png

If you are sure that your microphone is connected to the microphone jack, it is possible that your playback device is being disabled by your microphone. To enable/change your playback device, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Volume icon on the lower-left corner of your screen.
    • Click Playback devices, right-click your speaker (or any preferred playback device), and click Enable.

Note: If you cannot see your preferred playback device, right-click on your current playback device and click
      Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 3, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone is 'Unplugged'

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 3, 2022
Thema:

Microphone is 'Unplugged'

1. Microphone is 'Unplugged' - Similar Threads - Microphone 'Unplugged'

2. People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.: I tried to reset my pc and tried to disable the stereo mix and my friends can still hear me when im muted. i have no idea for any other solution. Im using this GameStop mic i think its called Realtek. this is a new problem that has never accrued to me or my friends. it is a...
  3. People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People can still hear me after i mute and unplug my microphone.: I tried to reset my pc and tried to disable the stereo mix and my friends can still hear me when im muted. i have no idea for any other solution. Im using this GameStop mic i think its called Realtek. this is a new problem that has never accrued to me or my friends. it is a...
  4. My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.: I have never even taken my laptop apart and laptop is not waterdamaged, all works fine except the microphone, i went in to cmdprompt and typed sfc /scannow, and no issues were found, all audio related devices have updated drivers, i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything...
  5. My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.

My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.: I have never even taken my laptop apart and laptop is not waterdamaged, all works fine except the microphone, i went in to cmdprompt and typed sfc /scannow, and no issues were found, all audio related devices have updated drivers, i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything...
  6. My microphone is said by the windows 10 to be unplugged when it isn't.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is said by the windows 10 to be unplugged when it isn't.: Hi, I am having a problemSo, I reinstalled my audio driver because of a problem but after that windows said that my external microphone was unplugged when it wasn't so for that reason my external mic didn't work only the system mic worked. I tried reinstalling my audio driver...
  7. My microphone is said by the windows 10 to be unplugged when it isn't.

My microphone is said by the windows 10 to be unplugged when it isn't.: Hi, I am having a problemSo, I reinstalled my audio driver because of a problem but after that windows said that my external microphone was unplugged when it wasn't so for that reason my external mic didn't work only the system mic worked. I tried reinstalling my audio driver...
  8. Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10: Hello Everyone,Background: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Problem: Right after the update, the LAPTOP Speakers and Microphone both stopped working. The Laptop Diagnostics HP says that the devices are NOT plugged in I have done all the usual steps of driver...
  9. Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10

Laptop Speakers & Microphone UNPLUGGED after Windows 11 Upgrade from Windows 10: Hello Everyone,Background: I just upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Problem: Right after the update, the LAPTOP Speakers and Microphone both stopped working. The Laptop Diagnostics HP says that the devices are NOT plugged in I have done all the usual steps of driver...
  10. Microphone is 'Unplugged'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is 'Unplugged': hi: i recently got a micmom gave it to me and my mic wont work bc windows says its unplugged. It is, though? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-unplugged/c04d5ce5-26c1-4fa6-98d1-7d57d93e9bae